YFZ Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
no, 21 rears.

i like them for trail riding because of rocks and ruts are easier to pop over. sometimes when you get to the top of a trail hill climb there can be ruts or rocks or lips at the top and there isn't as much of a pop. bigger rocks and ruts are a lot less of a show stopper with these.

makes trail and woods riding a lot smoother.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Nothing to do with the topic, but was your quad in the new DirtWheels?

EDIT..did have a relevant question. Any drawbacks to the 23" fronts? I do a lot of trail riding to and was thinking the extra clearance would be nice.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
i ran this setup when i started xc racing to help with deep ruts and it worked to my advantage. the draw back is your COG goes up so you have to a little more careful in the turns. didnt really lose any bottom end still got the holeshot.i run 20 and 21's now but i keep them handy for really muddy races

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
^ya, was gonna say the same thing. didn't notice any loss in performance.
also haven't noticed my tipping point though. i don't race at all but i have my fair share of tipping when i riding trail and woods. so i don't know if its more or less.

i haven't noticed any draw back really. i love them. i can ride faster through the rough stuff, hit bigger rocks/bumps/ruts at faster speeds. the ruts and rocks tend to kick me out less.

i for sure notice the positive side to them. have yet to experience any negatives.

oh. and yes. my bike was in Dirt Wheels. thanks for noticing.

·
Registered
453 Posts
QUOTE (gas it!! @ Feb 18 2009, 01:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=747913
oh. and yes. my bike was in Dirt Wheels. thanks for noticing.[/b]
I knew it! I saw that pic and was like, "I know that quad, I've seen pics of it before!".

COG going up might be bad for me, I have a tendency to dump it sideways..but it could be partly due to the stock tires I still have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts