YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys I just picked up a new 22 yfz450r and it's a sweet bike for sure. But I wasn't smart and didn't do my research and purchased the full yoshi rs2 set up with the pc5, and let's just say not happy with the pc5 bog issue. So I purchased the vortex so im just curious if anyone has settings the recommend? Has ais delete full yoshi pipe and air box lid removed and stock filter. I'm also in the great white north southern Ontario if that matters. Thanks Brad.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm at sea level. I would call who ever you got it from. Some retailer tune them different. But most common is map 9, 5-6-6 or 5-6-7 never below 5 with Dyno tuning but those a ballpark numbers at sea level. I got mine from racing power sport which has Duncan tunes

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm at sea level. I would call who ever you got it from. Some retailer tune them different. But most common is map 9, 5-6-6 or 5-6-7 never below 5 with Dyno tuning but those a ballpark numbers at sea level. I got mine from racing power sport which has Duncan tunes
Ok thanks I will try those. I got it from a dealer out of Québec so I will see what they have to say.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Ilikebike if your vortex is newer check the sheet you should be on map one with a big 3 stock motor machine. Map 9 changed to map 1 around 2017 so all the old post can be confusing for the newer guys

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ilikebike if your vortex is newer check the sheet you should be on map one with a big 3 stock motor machine. Map 9 changed to map 1 around 2017 so all the old post can be confusing for the newer guys
It's 2020 I got mine for racing power sport which sell Duncan racing vortex's. I email Duncan racing and ask for my setup what should I run I was told map 9 5 6 6. I know what the sheet says. But that for stock vortex tunes. Most vortex for sale are retuned by there sellers. Aka bnr, Tokyo, Duncan are 3 well know ones and all 3 from what I've heard run map 9.

·
Registered
284 Posts
It really up to preference. Duncan's install sheet says to try them all. Obviously because of higher rev limiter they tell you have have a upgraded valve train but it's only 300 rpm and yfz's stop making power around 10k so no need to hit the limiter. I have hit it with my stock engine many times and no problems. Map 9 is the most aggressive power level. I suggest everyone to try it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts