YFZ Central banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Understood, my YFZ450R is a 2019 but I went the full 09 conversion, basket all the way out to the cover and scrapped the entire slipper clutch 3 bolt setup. The basket (and Hinson’s full 09 style clutch setup) I converted to is the one I posted and where I came from is the slipper clutch you show :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Understood, my YFZ450R is a 2019 but I went the full 09 conversion, basket all the way out to the cover and scrapped the entire slipper clutch 3 bolt setup. The basket (and Hinson’s full 09 style clutch setup) I converted to is the one I posted and where I came from is the slipper clutch you show :)
The 14 and up hinson get rid of the Slipper as well. Unless you get the btl. The only difference I see is rubber cushion vs springs for the primary gear. Don't think you would even notice a difference to be honest. Just preference.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Yfzs got too much power for 3 rivets ready to give out.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yfzs got too much power for 3 rivets ready to give out.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Yeah there not exactly what you think of rivets but it's the same concept. Like 1/2 steel rolled over. If it start to loosen your screwed. So best to do that before you break alot of stuff.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Ordered the Hinson clutch kit, steering stabilizer, flex bars and AIS delete. Will upload photos once it’s all put together. Thanks a lot for everyone’s help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
09 clutch if your on a budget. Hinson if you want super high quality.
You need the 09-10 oem stock clutch basket to pull the primary gear off of for the Hinson basket just to clarify for you guys. Because of covid I’m assuming it has almost doubled in price around 350$ On top of the 250$ for the Hinson basket. Better off going with the 09-10 basket and slapping it on. If you’re going to drop around 600$ you’re better off just doing the entire clutch upgrade

·
Registered
28 Posts
You need the 09-10 oem stock clutch basket to pull the primary gear off of for the Hinson basket just to clarify for you guys. Because of covid I’m assuming it has almost doubled in price around 350$ On top of the 250$ for the Hinson basket. Better off going with the 09-10 basket and slapping it on. If you’re going to drop around 600$ you’re better off just doing the entire clutch upgrade
You don't need that stuff if you get hinson 14 and up spring basket kit

·
Registered
5 Posts
Y

You don't need that stuff if you get hinson 14 and up spring basket kit
Idk if you understand the issue with these 3 rivet baskets Hinson included they back out for unknown reasons and cause a lot of damage. Call Hinson yourself they will tell you if you want an aftermarket basket to get the 09-10 Hinson and get the oem basket to rob the primary gear off of

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
33 Posts
The black and white is pretty sharp!! Time to take it all apart or are you going to run it stock for now?
I’ve still got my 2020 sitting in the garage with zero hours on it. After all the time and money I’ve put into it, I may just never ride it. Just use it as a show piece in the basement / mancave. :LOL:

·
Registered
2017 YFZ 450R
13 Posts
Idk if you understand the issue with these 3 rivet baskets Hinson included they back out for unknown reasons and cause a lot of damage. Call Hinson yourself they will tell you if you want an aftermarket basket to get the 09-10 Hinson and get the oem basket to rob the primary gear off of
100% accurate. The problem isn't the basket itself, just the design of only 3 pins holding the primary gear. Hinson told me themselves that installing their 3 pin basket would not prevent the grenading. Only replacing with the 09-10 style basket, whether it be stock or aftermarket, will prevent the grenading.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
The black and white is pretty sharp!! Time to take it all apart or are you going to run it stock for now?
I’ve still got my 2020 sitting in the garage with zero hours on it. After all the time and money I’ve put into it, I may just never ride it. Just use it as a show piece in the basement / mancave. :LOL:
I'm taking it all apart as we speak. Not even going to put 5 min on it until it's fully modded :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah but you can just get there 3 bolt on setup and weld the bolts problem solve no need for and old basket to press a gear off of. Only reason Hinson say it doesn't solve the problem is the bolt can come lose.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts