YFZ Central banner

2021 YFZ 450r Must have mods.

19K views 81 replies 17 participants last post by  staxpoker 
#1 ·
Hey Y’all,

Im picking up my new 2021 YFZ 450r se next week and am wondering what are some must have mods? I got the HMF full exhaust, Vortex ecu, FCI intake and some nerf bars. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

#23 ·
Understood, my YFZ450R is a 2019 but I went the full 09 conversion, basket all the way out to the cover and scrapped the entire slipper clutch 3 bolt setup. The basket (and Hinson’s full 09 style clutch setup) I converted to is the one I posted and where I came from is the slipper clutch you show :)

#24 ·
Understood, my YFZ450R is a 2019 but I went the full 09 conversion, basket all the way out to the cover and scrapped the entire slipper clutch 3 bolt setup. The basket (and Hinson’s full 09 style clutch setup) I converted to is the one I posted and where I came from is the slipper clutch you show :)
The 14 and up hinson get rid of the Slipper as well. Unless you get the btl. The only difference I see is rubber cushion vs springs for the primary gear. Don't think you would even notice a difference to be honest. Just preference.

#36 ·
The black and white is pretty sharp!! Time to take it all apart or are you going to run it stock for now?
I’ve still got my 2020 sitting in the garage with zero hours on it. After all the time and money I’ve put into it, I may just never ride it. Just use it as a show piece in the basement / mancave. :LOL:

#61 ·
Unfortunately no, my throttle is still sitting on the shelf waiting to get installed. Life has kinda gotten in the way of riding as of late. Plus the Midwest Spring weather has been pretty terrible on days I could’ve went out. Hoping in the next couple weeks I can get it installed and out for a ride. Will keep you posted

#80 ·
Nice man! I ordered my stabilizer a few days ago. Will be here soon. Just waiting on that and the ecu mount and everything will be ready for install.
I might of left some parts out but here it is:

Went with DASA exhaust
Just because 38 Motorsport is awesome and had a killer deal for about $485.
New quad mods
Dasa exhaust -
Radiator hoses - white -
Vortex ecu -
faast flexx handlebars -
tusk hour meter, -
38 Motorsport AIS delete removal kit, -
throttle position sensor check harness -
quad tech seat cover, -
38 Motorsport oil catch can -
Peak racing screen saver -
Clutch switch delete plug -
Four werx carbon heat guards front and back -
Four werx frame guards -
38 Motorsport speed sensor block off
Pro armor kill switch -
BNR softer throttle body spring -
Houser +1 steering stem and mount
Remove spring on clutch
JLS large clear oil case
Hinson clutch basket
ASV clutch lever and break levers
09 clutch gear -
Glann innovations - digger sprocket guard, chain guide and case saver ,skid plate
BNR frame plug
Rekluse radius cx clutch
Oversized coolant fan
Temperature gauge
Nerf bars - houser
Bored throttle body BNR
FCI intake w/ box and plug for cleaning
HMF front bumper
Precision elite steering stabilizer
Vortex ecu harness - peakracingproducts.com
rotor guard
Tusk oil plugs
Blud oil - 24% off Discount code ononewheel7
Engine ice coolant

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.