YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and new to owning a 450 I just bought a 2020 450rse and purchased the extended warranty on motor and powertrain and want to do some mods to it like vortex exhaust air box etc. But was wondering if anyone new what that will do with my warranty and if there are ways around it. If there isnt I guess I'm wondering if the upgrades are worth dropping the warranty. All I do is trail ride and drive it around my neighborhood. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Put it back to stock IF IF IF something breaks. Best chances of not getting denied. Do not give them a reason to deny it. Some them evil SOBs. will look for a AHAAA GOTCHA VOID VOID.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
833 Posts
I'm no legal/warranty expert but I think even if you do mod it they have to prove the mod was the cause of something breaking. With that said, watch out for that clutch basket, they have issues.

I always will mod and then if something bad happens put it back to stock before taking it in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thank you do you know if when I put a vortex on they will be able to tell it was on there if I take it off

·
Registered
833 Posts
I don't believe so as the ECU should be the only place it could be stored, but you're replacing the ECU with the Vortex.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok awesome I really appreciate the feedback. The first couple days I had it I was like damn this is plenty of power I can just leave it stock then after a few weeks I'm ready to give it a little more ass

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
yup. When I heard a honda 250 quad crak bark real good at the trails i was like ok im done with this sewing machine sounding pipe.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts