YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, quick question...

I have a 2020 Yfz 450r se and just bought a dasa shorty, FCI intake, and vortex ECU. Will I still need to get the bike tuned after I install the ECU or will the vortex eliminate the need for that? Any help is appreciated as I hear mixed things.

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
114 Posts
Hey all, quick question...

I have a 2020 Yfz 450r se and just bought a dasa shorty, FCI intake, and vortex ECU. Will I still need to get the bike tuned after I install the ECU or will the vortex eliminate the need for that? Any help is appreciated as I hear mixed things.
You wont HAVE to get it tuned. I have the same quad you have and run the big 3 as well. It changed how my quad runs completely! I haven't gotten it dyno tuned yet and don't necessarily feel an urgent need to at this point because I don't race and the quad runs really well now with the mods I've added and doing the TPS adjustment & AIS delete. I will at some point get it dyno tuned just to know it's running "perfectly" and to know that the Vortex is dialed in "perfectly". But to answer your question you definitely do not HAVE to get it dyno tuned.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
DEFINETELY NEEDS TUNING.

"TUNING" refers to getting a very small flat head and turning the LO MID HI and map dials. I recommend WERA screwdrivers.

Someone has to turn the dials whether it is the quad owner OR EVEN BETTER A SHOP WITH A DYNO.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
114 Posts
DEFINETELY NEEDS TUNING.

"TUNING" refers to getting a very small flat head and turning the LO MID HI and map dials. I recommend WERA screwdrivers.

Someone has to turn the dials whether it is the quad owner OR EVEN BETTER A SHOP WITH A DYNO.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Ok....😂
Sandadik, if turning the dials on the Vortex is what you meant by “tuning” then yes you will need to have it “tuned”.....by you, in your garage.
I run Map 1 - 6L 6M 5H. So I “tuned” mine by turning the dials as Gambler alluded to above.
If by “tuning” you meant taking it to have it Dyno’d, no you don’t HAVE to unless you want it dialed in based on actual data.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts