YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2020 YFZ450R and noticed that the coolant level is at the MIN line.

I went to Yamaha and bought yamalube coolant. My question is, should I drain the factory coolant before adding this new coolant?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
BF011D47-16B5-41C2-81AD-F50F1C7F5C54.jpeg

·
Registered
25 Posts
You are fine. In”theory” that should be the same coolant in there from factory. As long as it’s green I’d be topping her off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are fine. In”theory” that should be the same coolant in there from factory. As long as it’s green I’d be topping her off.
That's my only problem, the coolant I bought is not green.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Run engine ice and never look back. Take bolt off of water pump with copper washer then take rad cap off. Get ur self a little hand pump and pump the reservoir out then stick it in the rad all the way to the bottom. Put the left wheel on some boards to get it up a foot or so. You should be able to get almost all of it out.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Overfill reservoir with clean water to flush it out shake things out . Fill a 12 inch hose with water. Hold both ends with thumb, walk to your yfz, put one end all the way into the reservoir tank to the bottom , lower the other end below the tank and move your thumb out the way and u drain the tank this way easy.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts