YFZ Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you are aware the 14 and up clutch baskets have been known to fail with little use. I have heard that yamaha fixed this in 2019 but just checking. Also what are the two dowel pins purpose for the cover? I am also wondering what size the bolts are for the fender stay this time loctite for sure.

·
Registered
95 Posts
They did not fix it I Have a 2020 and can say I saw the same design when I upgraded to a hinson as others who had them break. I do think based on reports it's likely under 50% or even 40% of people have the problem. It's like playing a game of chance that's why guys just do it. Rather spend a couple hundred then a grand rebuilding a motor if Yamaha doesn't cover your claim.

·
Registered
2019 YFZ450R SE
55 Posts
I have to say I'm one of the very few that had the clutch basket explode, requiring a complete engine teardown and rebuild which Yamaha covered under my extended warranty. I'm getting my quad back next week and Yamaha actually installed the 2009 clutch basket. I like to think I have good luck but that all changed when the clutch basket exploded 9 miles out of town about two and a half months ago. Don't take a chance just replace it. You will have NO warning when it happens

·
Registered
230 Posts
They didn’t fix anything on the 19, when I swapped my stock clutch setup out for the full 09 setup, the stock 19 components were the same components from 2014

1 - 6 of 6 Posts