YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am going to do my best describing my issue, please bare with me if I don’t use proper terms I’m somewhat new to riding.

I have a 2018 yfz450r with less than 50 hours on it, this weekend riding in the dunes I lost all power to the wheels.
I was cruising in 3rd gear and the engine suddenly just started revving and pretty much came to a stop. I shift down to 1st, just revs, same with all other gears, and when running I can fully release the clutch lever and it just idles like it’s in neutral.

Could someone help out?
Thanks!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Your clutch is not engaging. Tip it up on its left side and take off the clutch cover and see what’s going on. The newer ones have clutch basket issues but I don’t believe that would cause it to not engage, normally it locks up the gears

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
You know how to drive stick on a car real good like for many years? 1st manual tranny yfz? Did clutch lever have any play since new? Sounds like fibers/plates are shot. Time to convert to 2009 R clutch and learn not to ride the clutch. U ride all time squeezing clutch lever?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know how to drive stick on a car real good like for many years? 1st manual tranny yfz? Did clutch lever have any play since new? Sounds like fibers/plates are shot. Time to convert to 2009 R clutch and learn not to ride the clutch. U ride all time squeezing clutch lever?
This is my first yfz and yes I have driven manual transmissions before. What do you mean by convert to 09 R clutch, is it better?
I’m about to pop off the cover and see what’s going on in there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I am assuming this thing is burnt to hell, even smells burnt. will be cleaning and ordering new clutch kit.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Yeah, that’s a bit used. I would check out the Rekluse clutch kit from Ken at KB Motorsports. The clutch pack works better than OEM

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
What oil did u use?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Which clutch did you end up going with? Did you swap to the ‘09?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts