YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 yfz450r and it has a big in it and I’ve heard they have a speed limiter. If so where is it and how do I unplug it. Also what’s it gonna take to get poet out of this thing I came off a 2017 kx450f and there is a huge power difference?

·
Registered
742 Posts
a big in it? you mean a bog? The speed limiter is on the backside of the engine.

To get power? AIS delete, exhaust, intake, Vortex, a 2008 YFZ450 carb intake cam and ported head would give you quite a bit of power.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Does the vortex ecu bought from duncan by default does it up the speed in 5th gear?

Not talking about upping rpm , but does vortex increase speednin 5th or that is a sensor that needs to be meessed with or unplugged and by how much it increases it?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I have a 2017 yfz450r and it has a big in it and I’ve heard they have a speed limiter. If so where is it and how do I unplug it. Also what’s it gonna take to get poet out of this thing I came off a 2017 kx450f and there is a huge power difference?
Homie if u comparing a dirtbike to a quad is not the same. Dirtbikes have only one skinny wheel to spin at the back no axle no hubs to spin and only one skinny friont wheel to push LOL. Of course a dirtbike gonna feel faster.

Hey my street bike is faster then your porsche thats how it sounds like.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
742 Posts
The speed sensor you can just unplug it. You can remove the sensor from the engine completely but you will need a Walsh block=off plug if you do that. Look for a small black sensor mounted on the back of the engine. I don't recall 100% but I think it's the only one on the backside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts