YFZ Central banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 YFZ 450r on this I have a full HMF system, I have the GYTR air box adapter and filter on order. Of course it has the stock bog still and the HMF backfires, the machine runs and starts good but I’m looking to see if it’s worth getting the Vortex ECU. I plan on tracking it daily so I’ll spend the Money on a good Ecu. If so what settings should I put it on? Thanks

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
You're running pretty lean with that setup, be careful you don't cause engine damage. You should definitely get the Vortex. What's your elevation?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1000 feet, I just spoke to the HMF team over the phone i ran it by them they they are sending me a power commander fuel controller with custom maps, guy said keep the lid off with the maps, what do y’all think

·
Registered
162 Posts
Don't do it man I got a pc5 and my bike runs like shit after I've spent hours and hours and hours and hours trying to eliminate bog and make it run good. I'm ordering a vortex in a month and all these guys told me not to do it and I didn't listen. Pc5 is not for the yfz bro

·
Registered
3 Posts
Vortex all day I j
1000 feet, I just spoke to the HMF team over the phone i ran it by them they they are sending me a power commander fuel controller with custom maps, guy said keep the lid off with the maps, what do y’all think
The vortex is pricey but 100% worth it I just bought one you get rid of the bog and you get the full potential of the machine

·
Registered
3 Posts
What settings are good to run the vortex on ?
I believe I run
Map:9
Low:5
Mid:5
Hi:6
People say running map 9 is not good for a stock motor because it ups the rev limiter but that is not true. I’ve talked to numerous dyno shops as well as someone from Duncan racing about it and they actually recommended it. I’m running a full fmf exhuast no air ox lid and a high flow twin air filter and the bike runs awesome

1 - 11 of 11 Posts