YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone i got a 2017 yamaha yfz450r se, the problem with my atv is sometimes when i turn it on its at a high idle and i ride but when i give it gas and let go it gets stuck for a couple seconds than it continues to idle at a high rpm, sometimes i turn it off and turn it back on and it goes away, but this problem is happening way to much now. Anyone have an idea on what it can be?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Could be an air leak between the motor and the throttle body, a sticky or dirty throttle body, or a sticky/binding throttle cable.

·
Registered
55 Posts
make sure your throttle cable isn't getting pulled on or getting pinch/stuck. i had mine stuck on a high idle ended up the cable was pull out a little from when i put a new stem on and i put a zip tie on too tight. the fact that you throttle get hung after you let off makes me think its getting pinched.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whats up everyone i got a 2017 yamaha yfz450r se, the problem with my atv is sometimes when i turn it on its at a high idle and i ride but when i give it gas and let go it gets stuck for a couple seconds than it continues to idle at a high rpm, sometimes i turn it off and turn it back on and it goes away, but this problem is happening way to much now. Anyone have an idea on what it can be?
Could be an air leak between the motor and the throttle body, a sticky or dirty throttle body, or a sticky/binding throttle cable.
thanks for the help man!
make sure your throttle cable isn't getting pulled on or getting pinch/stuck. i had mine stuck on a high idle ended up the cable was pull out a little from when i put a new stem on and i put a zip tie on too tight. the fact that you throttle get hung after you let off makes me think its getting pinched.
Thanks man i appreciate your help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts