YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read my post! I live in Oregon and recently got into riding after never being able to live out this experience as a teenager.Im pretty novice but have been lurking around here long enough that I think I was able to put together a parts order. Let me know if I can fill in any gaps etc.

I don’t want to get into internals or suspension mods at the moment such as a-arms, elka shocks, extended swing arms erc. I’m sure I’ll dive down that rabbit hole eventually but if theres anything small I can add to this let me know!

*pic for attention, this was a few weeks ago at Winchester. Parts are in the mail, I’ll send some follow up pics

2016 YFZ450R SE

Monster Big Bore Monster Pipe

TokyoMods Vortex ECU

FCI Intake w/high performance box/AIS Delete

38 Motorsports breather box

Precision Racing Shock/Vibe Handlebar Clamps

Renthal Fatbar 36

ASV F4 Clutch/Break Levers

ODI Rogue lock-on Grips (130mm)

Renthal handlebar cover

Renthal sprocket set 14/38

DID E20 ERT3 Gold/Gold Racing Chain

Campbell Innovations Sprocket guard

8 paddle Hauler Extremes/Mohawks

Glann innovations case saver

E brake block of plate

Speed censor block off plate

·
Registered
71 Posts
The only change I’d make is the tires. I’d go with 8 or 9 paddle gliders and Mohawks. Both triple buffed with blue label dwt wheels. In my experience gliders do better then extremes or haulers on the 450’s. My family has spent thousands of dollars to find the best for the yfz’s and have concluded that the gliders are the best even though “they’re for 150-300cc bikes.” You can do whatever though, just my .02. Can’t wait to see the final results. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I’m from Oregon as well and only ride at the dunes. Little bit of advice...get a stabilizer, I went all out and got the Elite and it is amazing. I have discount code to get 10% off, takes it down to 540, so let me know if you are interested. We all run beadlocks with our sand tires. I ride in the trails a lot and got sick of bending wheels. Yes, they are heavier but they work amazing. Also, if you are looking into suspension, don’t waste your time on Elka 3s or lower. In fact, hit up Kevin at Jogaca Suspension. He can set you up with dual or triple rate fronts and spring the bike to your weight and re-valve the shocks. Most people think you need aftermarket long travel to have good suspension. The only problem with the stock suspension is that its not setup for you. For around $800 Kevin can transform your bike. He is currently building 5 complete setups for me right now. Also, don’t overlook RP products. Doesn’t get any better.
9A963F82-708C-48CA-B108-17F6F0255B60.jpeg

Reactions: atvman8351

·
Registered
71 Posts
JMO, beadlocks are a tad excessive for duning. Maybe the dunes in oregon are rougher, idk. I use dwt .125 blue label wheels on all tires for duning and have not had them bend yet. I do jump often, as I love jumping. Maybe my style of riding is different then yours. The steering stabalizer is definitely worth it, also protaper fuzion handlebars are good help too. I won't disagree with you on the shocks, however wider does help a lot. The extra leverage helps. I don't want to come off as a rude jack---. Just my .02. Love your 450's though, they look sick!! I love the black and red. Really looks aggressive and fast!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think for a lot of dunes, beadlocks are excessive. The dunes in Oregon, especially if you launch from Spinreel, have a lot of trials that wind through the trees. There are roots everywhere and there isn’t a person that I ride with that hasn’t bent a DWT or two. We just got sick of replacing wheels.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Oh ok, noted. I'll get some or borrow some for when I go to the dunes in Oregon. Does this mean you can't run triple buff skat traks either? Or do you have to run molded tires to keep them from popping?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts