YFZ Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy just got one and I learned they have like 15 more hp stock than the yfz450r

Why do they have so much more power.

Can we switch out parts to make it equal out

·
Registered
556 Posts
Less rotating mass only has to rotate one wheel instead of 2 and they are lighter . The Yfz comes detuned from the factory to make the emissions people happy . My Buddie gots one and it's crazy fast

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
The 15 will increase your top end, your acceleration will still feel the same also still very responsive at least for me. I saw someone on instagram, forgot the account name, that he swapped the motor in his 14 yfz450r to the 14 yz450f. looked badass and im sure his quad is fast, so I know its possible for the swap to be done.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I went ahead and just bought a new gold chain and a rear sprocket also when I changed my front. they say you should just change both sprockets at the same time if your planning on changing one. not sure if the stock chain will fit since your going +1 up front, if anything just add another link to it if you don't want to buy a new one.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im going to end up going 2 down in the back so its in between 14 and 15t front.

Also im going to wait to do sprockets after the yfz cams. Im nervous about the low end loss

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.