YFZ Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Definitely want to give a big thanks to TQS ATV on there A+ customer service. Ordered there Yoshimura power package last week and it came shipped to my by the end of the week! The price was great and everything was included as described. I recommend anyone who is looking for atv accessories to try them out and they for sure earned my future business. I went with the Full Yoshi RS2, Msd Blaster and the FCI with box. They set a map for me and my location to correspond to this package and it works great! I don't feel that annoying bog like a used to and the power is awesome. I will give a more in depth review on the map and performance after a good ride this weekend, I was only able to test it out for so long last night as it got late. I cant wait to get back on this thing.

Yoshi:
The exhaust system seems to be very well made. Everything mounted perfectly and it looks good on the bike. I have never had a chance to hear another yfz with a dasa or rossier in person but they say those are much louder. I have the Yoshi setup without the spark arrestor and it seems very loud to me. I couldn't imagine it being SOOOO much louder as people say. I don't know what the exhaust DB reading is, the package didn't say but without the spark arrestor it screams. ( in my opinion)

FCI:
The intake also looks well constructed and really makes it look clean under the seat. It has a nice sound to it and seems like it really helps with throttle response and of course some extra power. The only thing i could "complain" about is that it didn't come with instructions on how to install, what to do with the stock breather box, and also didn't come with the allen bolt that screws on the sensor to the intake tube as I saw in the Fuel customs install video, I just used the stock bolt it came with. Aside from these minor things, I am very happy with it. Its a great product.

MSD:
The Fuel controller was installed with ease. Its kind of bigger then I thought it was but it does the job great. I haven't had to install a the CD and mess with it yet cause TQS set the number "8" map as there custom tune and thats what I have it on now and the bike runs great. Im not the biggest fan of mounting the msd over the intake but I guess thats the cleanest way to do it. It came with a clear 3M adhesive which I guess is for velcro. It only came with one for the bracket, nothing to for the back of the MSD, so I guess I have to go out and buy a velcro to stick to the MSD so it can attach to the 3M it came with.

Breather Box:
I think I may do the T mod, but what I did now was, I cut out the little nut on the stock air box where the long bolt to the stock breather box threads into. Once I cut it out, I Drilled the stock breather box to the side of the FCI box and put the nut on the inside of the fci box to hold the bolt and it mounted up strong and fine. The back side of the stock breather box where the little tube connected inside the stock box I just took off and there nothing there (so the little tube is gone), So for now it'll stay until I "T" it. Idk if I wanna do the LTR mod, Id like to keep my fan and i think its kinda ugly. Plus I think the T mod will work just fine and its cheaper... any other opinions on this and Im all ears. Ill get pictures for it if anyone is curious what min looks like.

I got some sweet Yoshi stickers and fuel customs stickers and also ordered a sponsor sticker sheet so ill be putting those one this week. Ill get some more pictures up soon. All n all I'm a VERY happy camper with this package and purchase :clap

Thanks for tuning in to this small review!

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
nice write up. I'm not sure if you got the fci w/box or without but I got w/box and it didnot have instructions either but fci does have a video on how to do it, mine however did have the little bolt. Hope you like it all..Braaaaaaappp

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@PWeeZy42 Thanks! Im not sure why it didn't come with it but luckily the stock one fit. I also didn't like the fact that I had to drill my own sensor hole into the tube, pre drilled hole would of been nice but it was easy so no big deal. and I got the one with a box.

@standard81 Yes, tqs set a map for my mods and set it on tune #8 on the MSD so that is what I am using. Once I install the software and plug it in I should be able to seen what tune numbers they have.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Standard81 Do you have a tune you could share for your 2014?

This is what I am currently running.I was able to do a few more runs last night after work around the neighborhood, I noticed if I'm at WOT in 3rd or 4th gear and pull in the clutch to start slowing down the bike would rev down and cut off. Also a few times it seemed to stay idling high then back down after a hard pull like that. and an occasional backfire pop, happened like twice. but no flames. It still has minimal bog and pulls hard at WOT lol If you wanna try mine I have it attached, keep in mind Im in Orlando FL. Any one else who has a tune for a 14, feel free to pitch in, it would be greatly appreciated. The MSD share thread doesn't have much for us and is kinda dead.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.