YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 1119 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after everything I've done so far to try and fix this bog hasn't worked. Pipe, Dyno, PCV, yelling @ Yamaha, nothing. I've been hearing a lot of people rave about the Vortex and how it absolutely eliminates the bog. I have seen a lot of members out here saying their 14 is bog free using the vortex but I have yet to see film of this. Yes I know, someone did post some 10 sec vid of their 14 with no bog but I could never get the vid to work mysteriously enough.
So before I spend another $700 on something that may or may not work, I was hoping if someone out here could actually post a real vid of their bog less 14 YFZ to YouTube please. I would very much appreciate it!

And I'm sure a few others also would as well. :clap

·
Banned
291 Posts
I'll try and get a vid up for you this weekend unless someone beats me to it, just have msd with no lid, but didn't have a bog without the msd either.

·
Super Moderator
3,990 Posts
I have a bog vid......How do I get it to you? I can try and email it to you however, it's a big video.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I just uploaded the video? The YouTube icon said pending. When will it be up? I have never uploaded anything to the Tube.
Awesome man ill look for it :)

·
Super Moderator
3,990 Posts
Bog Test #1

Sorry, I couldn't edit the movie down so you will have to sit through it. Movie shows my Yoshimura RS2 Pro and a 360 of my riding area. Pikes Peak, Colorado is in the background.

Movie at: YouTube

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Sorry, I couldn't edit the movie down so you will have to sit through it. Movie shows my Yoshimura RS2 Pro and a 360 of my riding area. Pikes Peak, Colorado is in the background.

Its private. Make it un private please :) And ill watch all of it :) I don't mind

·
Super Moderator
3,990 Posts
2014 YFZ 450R Vortex Bog Test #1

Vid is up! If you want a better one I will film it tomorrow with my GOPRO verse my phone. Let me know if you want me to push the throttle differently.

2014 YFZ 450R Vortex Bog Test #1

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Vid is up! If you want a better one I will film it tomorrow with my GOPRO verse my phone. Let me know if you want me to push the throttle differently.

Dude I hate you! LOL.... Your bike sounds perfect! And it almost sounds stock! Do you have the 94db insert installed?

OK, I'm sold on the Vortex!

·
Registered
535 Posts
I posted the videos not sure why they won't work or you but I can send some they a textif you want. If you want me too pm me a number.

·
Super Moderator
3,990 Posts
I have the 96db insert in and the bike rips. I have way more top end speed and I think it is due to the 11300 rev limit. It feels like I have a sixth gear! The mic on my phone isn't the best. I will get you a GoPro movie after riding today. That movie is a little old since then I put on the FCI.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the 96db insert in and the bike rips. I have way more top end speed and I think it is due to the 11300 rev limit. It feels like I have a sixth gear! The mic on my phone isn't the best. I will get you a GoPro movie after riding today. That movie is a little old since then I put on the FCI.
You had the bog before the vortex correct?

And thank you for posting that vid!

·
Super Moderator
3,990 Posts
Yes, had it really bad! The guy at Duncan racing told me there is emissions software in the stock ecu that you cannot erase and with a piggyback controller you cannot get fast enough response because of the latency between the two units. Plus, it's pretty cool just to pull out a small screw driver if you want to adjust something verse bringing a laptop with you.

I do realize that many people are having good luck with other units however, this setup fit me perfect---start ATV and ride no fussing with computers!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, had it really bad! The guy at Duncan racing told me there is emissions software in the stock ecu that you cannot erase and with a piggyback controller you cannot get fast enough response because of the latency between the two units. Plus, it's pretty cool just to pull out a small screw driver if you want to adjust something verse bring a laptop with you.

I do realize that many people are having good luck with other units however, this setup fit me perfect---start ATV and ride no fussing with computers!
Might be a dumb question but could someone use an ecu out of a 2013 and swap the 14 out?

·
Super Moderator
3,990 Posts
Bog Vids

Got more videos. I'm working on getting them uploaded. I have a video of putting around on the trails and you can hear the crisp throttle response.

Don't waste your money with a 2013 ecu just buy the Vortex. LOL......Don't fight it the Vortex just works! No headaches trying to make something else work.

1 - 20 of 1119 Posts