YFZ Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just pick a 14 yfz brought it home and had problems right away just with is running in neutral after being warmed up one touch of the throttle and it stalls or hesitates bad, I know it needs a ecu and maybe a breather box but until I can buy it the thing should atleast be able to ride..my dealership said Yamaha may be having a recall within this month. so has anyone had this problem and fixed it with the ecu and also read about the asi removal what is that exactly

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
The Vortex and the AIS delete will make your quad run great! You can buy a cheaper controller however, you will not get the excellent results that you get from the Vortex. It sucks and I doubt Yamaha will fix or recall it. People have taken the bike back to the dealer and had the bottom end richened up and have reduced the bog. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
I blew a shock seal trail riding and I just got it fixed under warranty. I have them setup with the Marshmallow setup however, there still isn't enough adjustment. Yamaha really needs to get off their cheap aXXXs AND IMPROVE them or offer a Fox option.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I haven't had any suspension problems, but tuning problems can be eliminated with the AIS delete and the Vortex controller. A PC5 or MSD or other controller will help, and will be less expensive than the Vortex, but don't get rid of the bog.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Vortex and the AIS delete will make your quad run great! You can buy a cheaper controller however, you will not get the excellent results that you get from the Vortex. It sucks and I doubt Yamaha will fix or recall it. People have taken the bike back to the dealer and had the bottom end richened up and have reduced the bog. Good luck!
i def am going to get the vortex its just unreal I literally cannot even ride the quad its so bad I have a bog low end and top, the spark plug looks like ash and the exhaust is black... do I have to buy the breather box to do the ais delete if not how do I do it?.... I ride a Honda in mx and building this bike for woods after this issue I hope Honda never goes fuel injection what a joke

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Too many changes at once, smog, re engineering, and not to mention moving manufacturing. I love my 2011 and wouldn't trade it for any other quad. Dam shame the 2014 is having these troubles. Im surprised there hasn't been any class action suits against Yamaha or some sort of recall...sure seems to be a common issue.

Hope everything works out well for you. This is a real bad example of a fuel injected quad. I have been nothing but pleased and would never turn back.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The only real issue is the bog. I got rid of mine almost completely as soon as i put the fmi, pipe, filter on. Recently decided to sell bike for financial reasons. As soon as the quad was back to stock the bog came back

·
Registered
858 Posts
i def am going to get the vortex its just unreal I literally cannot even ride the quad its so bad I have a bog low end and top, the spark plug looks like ash and the exhaust is black... do I have to buy the breather box to do the ais delete if not how do I do it?.... I ride a Honda in mx and building this bike for woods after this issue I hope Honda never goes fuel injection what a joke
I doubt that Honda will go to Efi. But there is hope on the horizon for those that ride red! I heard from a very reliable source, who is a member of the Honda "inner circle" that within the next few years that Honda will be completely revamping and retooling their assembly lines for cutting- edge, race-inspired, high-tech, BNG!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The only real issue is the bog. I got rid of mine almost completely as soon as i put the fmi, pipe, filter on. Recently decided to sell bike for financial reasons. As soon as the quad was back to stock the bog came back
what is the fmi? I have a intake kit and slip on im about to put on with the vortex ecu hope it works considering mine isn't even rideable and I bought it last week brand new the thing is running so rich

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts

You do not have to change the breather system at all. The ais delete blocks of the hole in the head and you remove all the emissions hardware from the bike. You can use a 2013 holder instead of the gytr kit which will give you a cable holder and breather pipe mount if you like the factory look.

·
Registered
858 Posts
So this is allegedly designed as a race bike. But when you screw up a 50 foot double and come off with the front end too low, you hit the throttle for a panic rev to bring the front end up and it bogs and stalls in the air and you land in on your face. Simply awesome! If this was the yz450, do you think they would have released it like that? Nope.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.