YFZ Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the Vortex for my 2014 R and installed it..

Having a couple issues and want to see if any others have seen them.. It runs like crap and won't hardly start when cold.... once it warms up.. starts fine...

The other and most concerning issue is that about %15 to %25 throttle in any gear holding the throttle steady and cruising.. the bike starts to cough.. surge and pop... give her gas and she takes off like hell.. but hold the throttle steady in above range and does the same thing...

I have tried several settings and tried to adjust fuel and it doesn't seem to make any diffenence at all when changing any setting...

Had the local Yamaha shop look at it today and they are stumped also.. no matter what combination of map or settings we try... it doesn't seem to matter or change...

Put the stock ecu back on and the problem of course goes away and the bog is back...

Any ideas??

Thanks...

·
Registered
508 Posts
TPS sensor .... Should read between .679-.681 Volts with the Yellow wire on the tester going to Positive and the Black/Blue white on negative. You twist the TPS sensor around until you get this voltage.

Verify that the tps sensor is in this range. Are you running a stock engine or you got the big 3? The common maps are 5 or 9 but keep in min this is for a modified set up not stock .

Cold starting is never going to be as good as stock ... This is a race ecu and does not have (quite) as good cold enrichment mapping as a stock ecu. You want to prime the pump if you leave it in a cold garage by cycling the key a few times . Once started let it run until you hear the tone change and blip it to set base rpm idle .

M

·
Registered
610 Posts
Not sure about the throttle issue but I have the issues when cold as well. You need to let the vortex set before you give it any gas and that could take anywhere from 2 to 4 minutes. When it's cold let it idle for a bit and it might die a few times. Once you hear the engine rev up then it will rev back down to normal after that snap the throttle once and it sets. As far as the hard to start I was having that same problem until I charged my batt. Still takes couple times but it fires right up.

·
Registered
508 Posts
TPS sensor .... Should read between .679-.681 Volts with the Yellow wire on the tester going to Positive and the Black/Blue white on negative. You twist the TPS sensor around until you get this voltage.

Use dial section 9
Set for 5/5/4
What's your altitude ?

·
Registered
610 Posts

Verify that the tps sensor is in this range. Are you running a stock engine or you got the big 3? The common maps are 5 or 9 but keep in min this is for a modified set up not stock .

Cold starting is never going to be as good as stock ... This is a race ecu and does not have (quite) as good cold enrichment mapping as a stock ecu. You want to prime the pump if you leave it in a cold garage by cycling the key a few times . Once started let it run until you hear the tone change and blip it to set base rpm idle .

M

So turn the key on and off a few times before you try and start it? Humm I've never tired that lol! :O

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a vortex ecu and my bike won’t start or even hear the fuel pump prime I reinstall the stock one runs fine

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also just installed my vortex on 2017 . Im in cold weather and i cant get the bike to start for crap. I put the stock ecu back in and it start. The vortex just cranks and wont turn over. If the atv is warm and i put the vortex on it starts. crazy...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts