YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the last few months at about 5 different dealerships I noticed some 2014 and 2015 450R quads came with what looked like a antenna light plug wire on the left side of the air box on the outside.

Does anyone know about this?
Thanks.

......................................Ok, some folks on here have stated that it is or might be for a battery tender.
But why on a some NEW quads at some dealerships ?

UPDATE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I called Yamaha up (this morning 12-29-14) and they said that they had NO idea what the wire was and to call the dealerships up that had them.

I called up one dealer (Berts in Ca.) and did talk to the service dept. They stated that THEY install "BatteryTenders" on all the quads in their dealership!

And I am sure that is one way they pad up *extras* on their sales. WOW!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A lighted antenna....which a good number of folks have at Glamis for night rides.

The wire is right next to the airbox (on the left side looking at the rear of the quad) and has a flat 2 pin american style plug with one pin exposed and the other most likely "hot pin" in the rubber not exposed. It was sticking out about 3 inchs.

I have seen these plugs around for many years at the electronic stores.

I just find it very odd that some quads have them and most do not..... If that is what the plug is for.

Anyone seen them?

·
Registered
338 Posts
for a battery tender....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.