YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 2013 YFZ 450r to my hunting land this week where my buddies and I did some work and some riding. As we finished our ride, I noticed that my chain was sagging considerably. As we got back to camp I announced that no one would be riding my quad because the chain needed to be replaced. Of course, someone had to take it out and ride WFO on the road and got the chain scrambled up in the front sprocket, and stalled the engine. Not only will I have to remove the swing arm to remove the chain (which is jammed in between the front sprocket and swing arm tighter than you can imagine), but the engine now has a considerable knock to it. Any tips on removing the chain without taking the swing arm off, and what could be causing the engine to knock?
Thanks for your time.

·
216 Posts
Is there room to get a chain breaker in there, or maybe a cut off wheel on a die grinder to separate the chain?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there room to get a chain breaker in there, or maybe a cut off wheel on a die grinder to separate the chain?
No way of getting a chain breaker in there, I was considering taking a grinder to it but it scares me because it’s so close to the engine case. Any idea what could be causing the knock? I am considering removing the cylinder head and inspecting the valves.

·
216 Posts
Send me an message on here and I’ll give you my cell number. Send me a video if you can. I’d like to hear the knock your talking about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts