YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day,

Many moons ago, I went by YFZ22 on these forums. In 2010, I sold my 2008 YFZ450 and missed it every day since. 10 years later, purchasing our first home, getting married and welcoming my son into the world, I finally found a clean 2013 YFZ450R and made the purchase.

The new 2013 seems to have pretty low hours on it. It's seen garage far more than riding over the past 5 years with the owner I purchased it from. After a quick look over everything and a few shake down rides I think I got a solid machine.

It's total stock except for a GYTR front bumper and nerf bars.

I have some plans over the next year or so to get this more MX ready. I won't be doing any competitive racing as there is absolutely no scene around my area any more. On top of that, my younger and in-shape days have long passed me haha. Some friends and I plan on some open track practice days as well as some yearly dune trips.

How the YFZ sits now.

2020-10-10-125113055.jpg

I have a graphics kit being made up right now from E-Sticky. It should be shipping to me in two weeks.

Future plans over the next year or so include;
  • Flexx Bars
  • DWT beadlocks
  • Factory 43 bumpers and nerf bars
  • RP exhaust
  • vortex tuner
  • Intake
  • Factory shocks redone at BNR

I hope to make some progress over the winter and share it with others. I'm new to the EFI world so any suggestions or comments are always greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Love the graphics and looks like a REALLY clean bike. Congrats!!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Looks like you’re headed on the right track. I recently went to an open practice last weekend after not being to a track in 12 years and boy was I feeling it after a 20 min moto !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good day,

Many moons ago, I went by YFZ22 on these forums. In 2010, I sold my 2008 YFZ450 and missed it every day since. 10 years later, purchasing our first home, getting married and welcoming my son into the world, I finally found a clean 2013 YFZ450R and made the purchase.

The new 2013 seems to have pretty low hours on it. It's seen garage far more than riding over the past 5 years with the owner I purchased it from. After a quick look over everything and a few shake down rides I think I got a solid machine.

It's total stock except for a GYTR front bumper and nerf bars.

I have some plans over the next year or so to get this more MX ready. I won't be doing any competitive racing as there is absolutely no scene around my area any more. On top of that, my younger and in-shape days have long passed me haha. Some friends and I plan on some open track practice days as well as some yearly dune trips.

How the YFZ sits now.

View attachment 94023

View attachment 94025

I have a graphics kit being made up right now from E-Sticky. It should be shipping to me in two weeks.

View attachment 94026

Future plans over the next year or so include;
  • Flexx Bars
  • DWT beadlocks
  • Factory 43 bumpers and nerf bars
  • RP exhaust
  • vortex tuner
  • Intake
  • Factory shocks redone at BNR

I hope to make some progress over the winter and share it with others. I'm new to the EFI world so any suggestions or comments are always greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Great lookin quad and cool decals! I’m in the same boat you are with my recently purchased 2017 YFZ450R. I waited forever to get it, and have similar modifications plans as you. Enjoy it man!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Graphics arrived today so I'll remove the fenders and bring them in the house to install. I've always done them on the quad but I don't have heat in the garage right now and I lack patients to hold off until spring. Perhaps I should to ensure the frame decals line up with the panels?

It's been a long while since I've installed graphics so I'm not overly confident at the moment. Any suggestions for install? Is some light soap and water still a preferred method or are there better ways? Dry doesn't seem like an option for me without ruining something.

Other than the graphics, I've been enjoying the quad stock and as-is. My 2 year old son absolutely loves going for little rides around the yard and down the street. Perhaps I'll be building a little raptor or Blaster in the future!

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I would definitely use soapy water for install myself. As for the frame graphics lining up, usually you can do the plastics first and then put the plastics on the quad and do the frame graphics.

Reactions: BigNickel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Little update:

I ordered a few small things to start;

• Powermadd PowerX handguards (white)
  • ODI Podium Flight fat bars in blue
  • ODI lock-in grips
  • Fourwerx carbon fiber rear tail light eliminator
  • Fourwerx seat cover (custom blue/white)

It's all pretty basic stuff for now, but I'm looking forward to getting some stuff in and on the quad.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts