YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm Federico from Argentina.. i'm planning a brand new yamaha 450r. My past ATV was a Polaris Outlaw 525 S 2008. it was a beast, but i prefer selling it because its less "MX" than the YFZ. Its more for Trail use.. So now i'm on a dillema. My outlaw was a bit modified (Exhaust, air filter, Jet kit, CDI, etc) but now i want to run my new YFZ fully stock for a couple of hours (Like 30) then i would like to apply some mods but in the long term. At this part of the map we can find a brand new 450R SE CRIMSON RED 2014 for u$14000, and a BLUE 2013 SE 450R for about u$13500. I prefer the 2014 because it could be more expensive for me when i pretend selling it in the future.. but i'm a bit afraid with the BOG issue that everybody talks about.. especially knowing i would like to keep the quad stock for a year or more.. is the BOG issue so annoying? or its easy to "live" with him.. i mean money difference is no so big between both, so.. does the new upgrades on the 2014 (clutch, compression, plastics) are really important for prefering 2014 for over the 2013?... i'm prefering the 2013, but maybe i'm wrong and want to hear some opinions. this is the reason why i created this topic..
hope i'will be a YFZ Owner soon.. and please sorry for my bad english, i'm doing my best.

fede!:lol

here are pics from both options.

2014 crimson ($14000)

2013 blue SE ($13500)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Hi, i'm Federico from Argentina.. i'm planning a brand new yamaha 450r. My past ATV was a Polaris Outlaw 525 S 2008. it was a beast, but i prefer selling it because its less "MX" than the YFZ. Its more for Trail use.. So now i'm on a dillema. My outlaw was a bit modified (Exhaust, air filter, Jet kit, CDI, etc) but now i want to run my new YFZ fully stock for a couple of hours (Like 30) then i would like to apply some mods but in the long term. At this part of the map we can find a brand new 450R SE CRIMSON RED 2014 for u$14000, and a BLUE 2013 SE 450R for about u$13500. I prefer the 2014 because it could be more expensive for me when i pretend selling it in the future.. but i'm a bit afraid with the BOG issue that everybody talks about.. especially knowing i would like to keep the quad stock for a year or more.. is the BOG issue so annoying? or its easy to "live" with him.. i mean money difference is no so big between both, so.. does the new upgrades on the 2014 (clutch, compression, plastics) are really important for prefering 2014 for over the 2013?... i'm prefering the 2013, but maybe i'm wrong and want to hear some opinions. this is the reason why i created this topic..
hope i'will be a YFZ Owner soon.. and please sorry for my bad english, i'm doing my best.

fede!:lol

here are pics from both options.

2014 crimson ($14000)

2013 blue SE ($13500)

Just get a 14 and buy a Vortex and be done with it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just get a 14 and buy a Vortex and be done with it.
Does the BOG issue make the quad using awful? because the vortex mod makes it 700us more expensive.. the comparision will be $13500 vs $14700 for both stock with no issues.. what i want to know if the new upgrades on the 2014 version makes the money difference (us1200) reasonable, or i can keep that money difference for mods like exhaust and other stuff...

thanks, and again sorry for my english.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Does the BOG issue make the quad using awful? because the vortex mod makes it 700us more expensive.. the comparision will be $13500 vs $14700 for both stock with no issues.. what i want to know if the new upgrades on the 2014 version makes the money difference (us1200) reasonable, or i can keep that money difference for mods like exhaust and other stuff...

thanks, and again sorry for my english.
Once again I'm not an expert here but as far as I know the bog on the 14's are much worse than previous years. I wouldn't go as far as saying "awful" but it does suck pretty bad. I've seen some stock 14's that actually run pretty good and I've seen others that are complete crap! Just buy a 14 save your money buy a vortex and be happy :)

That being said you could be very Content with a 13 as well.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Shouldn't have to spend $700 to have a new quad run correctly. It's a shame yamaha won't address the bog issue that just about all years have. Really sad that the FI quads bog.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.