YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas. So I have a 2012 yfz450r. I work on the road for a living and went to a job and let a friend of mine borrow my wheeler while I was gone. Well, we know how that all turns out. I come home and it’s not running. Swears up and down he just went out to start it one day and wouldn’t start. Well, I start fooling with it and figure out the fuel pump is bad. I replaced the pump a couple days ago and brand new battery. When I go to start it, the engine light blinks every time I hit the start button. I found out how the check engine light blinking, shows codes. I found a list of what all codes mean, but not sure how to know what blinks equal what codes. I am getting 1 long blink, pause, 2 short blinks, and repeats. Any ideas fellas? Help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey fellas. So I have a 2012 yfz450r. I work on the road for a living and went to a job and let a friend of mine borrow my wheeler while I was gone. Well, we know how that all turns out. I come home and it’s not running. Swears up and down he just went out to start it one day and wouldn’t start. Well, I start fooling with it and figure out the fuel pump is bad. I replaced the pump a couple days ago and brand new battery. When I go to start it, the engine light blinks every time I hit the start button. I found out how the check engine light blinking, shows codes. I found a list of what all codes mean, but not sure how to know what blinks equal what codes. I am getting 1 long blink, pause, 2 short blinks, and repeats. Any ideas fellas? Help is greatly appreciated.
Mine is doing the same when I push the start button the engine light turns on and don’t crank over when I let the button go it blinks 4 times slow and two fast blinks I’m stumped 🤔

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is doing the same when I push the start button the engine light turns on and don’t crank over when I let the button go it blinks 4 times slow and two fast blinks I’m stumped 🤔
google the codes and find out what your code means.your number code would be 42. I found that you count blinks a: long blinks equal first number, fast blinks represent second number. Mine was 12 which was saying crankshaft sensor. However, after hours of googling I found it could be my starter relay. Jumped it off with a pair of pliers by touching positive and negative and it cranked right over. Replaced the part and turns over fine now. Unfortunately, still haven’t got it running. Turns over strong, getting fuel, getting spark, but no worky. Each time I hit start and it turns over the check engine light illuminated until I quit then it goes off. Idk what it is lol. Guess I’ve got some more hours of googling to look forward to. Good luck with yours bud

1 - 6 of 6 Posts