YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a new Barkers Exhaust on my 2011 YFZ450R SE and I noticed when I hit the throttle the engine seems to skip and back fire before it picks up RPMs. The ATV has about 40-50hrs on it and is in excellent condition. It has been properly maintained since it was new.

Any ideas on what it might be?

Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
if you dont have a programmer you need one. i can only recommend the vortex, its expensive, but worth every penny

·
Registered
39 Posts
The MSD is a very good programmer if you have access to a dyno however if you do not you will be kicking yourself later on. The "bog" will start to mess with you and then your only hope is to get the bike dyno tuned or spend the money on the Vortex which has been a pretty controversial topic around here lately. If the funds are available the Vortex is honestly the best option.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
You can get close enough without using a dyno with the Vortex just make sure you call Duncan Racing with your mods, temp, and altitude and Leonard will get you close. There are many people running Vortex's without going to a dyno on this forum. If you are trying to squeeze every ounce out of your engine dyno it.

If you have a close dyno the MSD will work however, the VORTEX IS JUST AWESOME and is a must on 2014's and newer!

·
Registered
48 Posts
You can get close enough without using a dyno with the Vortex just make sure you call Duncan Racing with your mods, temp, and altitude and Leonard will get you close. There are many people running Vortex's without going to a dyno on this forum. If you are trying to squeeze every ounce out of your engine dyno it.

If you have a close dyno the MSD will work however, the VORTEX IS JUST AWESOME and is a must on 2014's and newer!
you can also get close with a msd without a dyno.

an extra 3-400 dollars for 1-2 hp hardly seems like a must

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you can also get close with a msd without a dyno.

an extra 3-400 dollars for 1-2 hp hardly seems like a must
I agree. I live in Atlanta so I'm sure I am not that far from a dyno. If I was going GNCC or MX then I would definitely go this route but I mostly ride for fun.

Thanks for all your input guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.