YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve done everything from cleaning and checking everything grounds and everything the quad just doesn’t want to run I cleaned the throttle body didn’t help checked fuel pump it works and is loud went to the rollover switch took it out tried to super glue it and it made matters worse I need some help here

·
Registered
872 Posts
Any more info on how it is dying and bogging? That will help a bit. When you say cleaned the throttle body, did you take out and clean the injector? They can get clogged up. Have you checked to make sure your spark plug boot is properly seating and staying on?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I’ve done everything I know to do it starts idles for 5 seconds then dies I can’t restart it unless I turn the key off and on it starts the same then kills out

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Check harness near the ECU.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sounds like maybe you have a clogged fuel filter sock or fuel pressure regulator is going bad.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Is there anyone around you that has a YFZ? You could try swapping the fuel tank with them and see if it corrects the problem before you buy a new fuel pump. They are around $300 for the whole assembly. Where are you located?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts