YFZ Central banner

2010 yfx450x - Crank but won't kick over

676 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  dandadamnman 
#1 ·
Hello,
New to this forum, I'm reaching out for assistance with a 2010 yfz450x bike. The atv cranks and tries to start but won't kick over. I replaced the wiring harness, starter, starter relay, spark plug coil and spark plug, stator, used CDI, rectifier, fuel pump and fuel injector. I received the atv with damaged parts. I turn the key and switch to run, I can hear the fuel pump priming, still no kick over. Once I turn the key, I see on the indicator there are no error symbols, However, when i try to start the bike, I see an engine light pop up. Any ideas I can check? I'm somewhat leaning to another CDI box, the original one i had was fried.

#2 ·
Is it clicking when you try to start it or just not doing anything at all? Have you tried to turn the motor by hand to see if it turns over fine?

#5 ·
Yeah, the fuel comes out of the fuel pump (top backside of the fuel tank). There is no petcock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.