YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
New to this forum, I'm reaching out for assistance with a 2010 yfz450x bike. The atv cranks and tries to start but won't kick over. I replaced the wiring harness, starter, starter relay, spark plug coil and spark plug, stator, used CDI, rectifier, fuel pump and fuel injector. I received the atv with damaged parts. I turn the key and switch to run, I can hear the fuel pump priming, still no kick over. Once I turn the key, I see on the indicator there are no error symbols, However, when i try to start the bike, I see an engine light pop up. Any ideas I can check? I'm somewhat leaning to another CDI box, the original one i had was fried.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Is it clicking when you try to start it or just not doing anything at all? Have you tried to turn the motor by hand to see if it turns over fine?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The starter relay clicks when I try to turn, it seems its trying to fire but it won't. After many attempts, I noticed the positive terminal cable is warm, the starter is warm and the starter relay is warm. I have not tried to turn the motor over by hand, I will try that. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
question, i never messed with a fuel injector atv, for this atv i have, there is no petcock. Just wanted to check if i'm good with that?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Yeah, the fuel comes out of the fuel pump (top backside of the fuel tank). There is no petcock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks, just wanted to double check, im able to turn the motor by hand, I'm going to check the piston, head a little knock when I tried to crank it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts