YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the group. I have a 2009 yfz450r that has no spark I recent just put a new battery and a starter in it because it wouldn’t turn over now it turns over but won’t start great fuel pressure just no spark at all. Help going riding In a week and really want to take it.thanksin advance.
Has gytr exhaust and power commander and k&n otherwise all stock

·
Registered
73 Posts
Have to give some more info. What have you done to confirm it has no spark?

Assuming you've pulled the plug and cranked it visualizing no spark, look at the easy stuff first. It could be a multitude of things from a plug, coil, wiring, up to a bad ECU.

Did it run before you had issues with it not cranking? Is your dash flashing any codes? Have you done any further troubleshooting? There's not a simple "do this and it'll fix it." Give us as much info as you can, and maybe we can help point you in the right direction.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do I know if the dash flashes codes? It ran great last weekend and just died started to click on my so figured starter was bad. Threw a new one in along with a battery and now I have no spark. I have pulled plug check with plug and screw driver no spark. The only other thing I have apart is the ebrake waiting for the block off. But was told that would make a difference.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Based off what you describe, my guess would be your stator. If the bike was running fine and then just clicked, your stator probably wasn't charging your battery and drained it.

The stator provides the source of power for spark. There is a way to check, you have to ohm it out. Search around you should find it, I don't remember it off the top of my head. If you get the quad to start, you can verify charging by checking the volts at your battery, should be close or just over 14V.

Starter was probably good. If you took off an OEM for a cheap eBay one, I'd suggest swapping it back.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks for the input I figured it out the ground from the power commander was cut almost all the way through cause no ground to the coil. She runs like new

1 - 7 of 7 Posts