YFZ Central banner

2009 yfz450r flooding

495 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  jonshver03 
#1 ·
It may have been brought up, but I'm having an issue with a 2009 yfz450r flooding itself so bad that it's putting gas in the crankcase.
Just put a cylinder worx cylinder and wiseco piston in and has good compression, timing is dead on with tdc, and fuel injector sprays a good steady stream and seams to pulse like its supposed to. I can get it to start up but doesn't run right and dies after seconds. It's flooding so bad it's coming out of the exhaust. Anyone have a remedy to this??

#3 ·
Let's consider how this system works. Super simple.

Key goes on, sends power to pump
Pump builds pressure
Regulator bleeds off excess pressure
Injector opens when cranking

First thing I would do is remove the fuel rail with the injector attached. Then tie a zip lock bag around the tip of the injector. Now turn the key on one time to prime the fuel pump. Turn the key back off, let it sit for a few hours. Observe if there is fuel in the bag. This would point towards a faulty injector.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Let's consider how this system works. Super simple.

Key goes on, sends power to pump
Pump builds pressure
Regulator bleeds off excess pressure
Injector opens when cranking

First thing I would do is remove the fuel rail with the injector attached. Then tie a zip lock bag around the tip of the injector. Now turn the key on one time to prime the fuel pump. Turn the key back off, let it sit for a few hours. Observe if there is fuel in the bag. This would point towards a faulty injector.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I pulled injector and hooked it up spraying into a bottle, seemed to be pulsing and working like it should. I let it sit and didn't see any leaking. I'm not sure why else it would be flooding itself out like it is? Anyways I have a new injector I'm going to out in it today, maybe it'll fix it.

#5 ·
I pulled the fuel rail and injector and hooked it up spraying into a bottle, seemed to be pulsing and working like it should. I let it sit and didn't see any leaking. I'm not sure why else it would be flooding itself out like it is? I have a new injector I'm going to put in it today, maybe it'll fix it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.