YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a very important question. I am going to be buying a full HMF race series exhaust kit, high flow air box, and K&N air filter for my 05' YFZ 450. I am also going to be getting a jet kit for it. I have no clue what size jets I need to get or anything like that. I talked to one of my buddies and he told me to put a post up on here and ask all of you. My elevation is 568 FT. above sea level. My summer temperature can get up to 100 degrees and winter can get down below 0. If anyone knows how I should do the jetting on my bike with the exhaust and filter and everything on there and with the elevation and annual temperatures, please let me know. I greatly appreciate your help. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
This needs to go in the Performance section..

Earnhard, do your magic :mhihi:

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
haha...I beat him!

MC-Hammer----- You can use the search function and I bet you will come up with the answer you seek (there is actually a good thread where everyone posted their mods and jet specs) that will be a great place to start since every bike needs to be jetted properly for it's specific need. What I am trying to say is no two bikes are alike. That should give you a rough estimate, and you can fine tune from there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would say starting out with a NCVQ Needle on the 3rd or 4th clip, then use a #45 pilot jet and a #170 main jet, and 2 turns out on the fuel mixture screw, that should get you in the ballpark, fine tuning will be up to you, as far as seasonal weather change I am not to sure since this will be the first winter I will be riding my 05. I got my jet kit from Velocity111 from the board, for $50 you get the NCVQ needle and wide range of Jets to cover your jetting needs from stock to highly modded.

here is the website...www.velocityracingatv.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone. I have a very important question. I am going to be buying a full HMF race series exhaust kit, high flow air box, and K&N air filter for my 05' YFZ 450. I am also going to be getting a jet kit for it. I have no clue what size jets I need to get or anything like that. I talked to one of my buddies and he told me to put a post up on here and ask all of you. My elevation is 568 FT. above sea level. My summer temperature can get up to 100 degrees and winter can get down below 0. If anyone knows how I should do the jetting on my bike with the exhaust and filter and everything on there and with the elevation and annual temperatures, please let me know. I greatly appreciate your help. Thanks.
my budddies got an 2004 with k&n and a slip on fmf and ive got it jetted up to a 195rd,55,90 and it rips pretty hard, at our local desert drag races it was gapping banshees and trx450s pretty hard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts