YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 yfz 450 that I got for 200. I was wondering if anyone knows if the 450r efi system is interchangeable as I found parts for it. What all needs to be changed to make it work. Do I need to change anything inside the motor or just the fuel system.

·
Registered
923 Posts
There's a way to do it but you essentially need two machines and combine a bunch of parts to make it work. Far from easy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a way to do it but you essentially need two machines and combine a bunch of parts to make it work. Far from easy.
Well I don’t necessarily need 2 machines vs sourcing my own parts would be cheaper. Not that difficult since I’m a Bmw mechanic so this is a lot more room. Haha I’m just not familiar with the motor.

·
Registered
923 Posts
This is from GT Thunder that used to do it the other way, converting an EFI quad to carb (like Bill Ballance ran for a year or two).

Carb Conversion Kit - What you need to supply to me - 08 Carb, 2010 top engine mount, 08 wire harness, 2010 wire harness, 2010 flywheel, 08 Fan sensor (goes in radiator), and a 08 coil. What I give you - Modified harness, modified carb, modified engine mount, Dyna CDI, modified flywheel, radiator sensor adapter, fuel pump block off plate, fuel petcock for fuel tank, Carb cable (to fit honda thumb throtle), 08 intake boot.................................................................................................$1500.00

You would essentially have to reverse that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts