YFZ Central banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting you guys up to date on my project i started a few weeks ago.
I have already done a big bore kit using an Athena 98mm cylinder, CP 98mm piston, ported the head, converted to kickstart, Boyesen supercooler, Oil mod, CHR oversized radiator, CV4 radiator hoses. Previous mods i have done are FCI, DASA classic exhaust. I have taken my frame to get powder coated and will be taking another trip to the powdercoat shop with wheel hubs, exhaust canister, NEW +4 swingarm, engine mounts etc. Will update with more photos along the way.
IMG_4602.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update
Just sent off my +4 swingarm, front bumper, engine mount, sprocket and brake hubs as well as the wheel hubs to powdercoat. I picked up my Frame from the powder coat shop and installed the engine and radiator. i still have to remove 2 more gears behind the flywheel(im waiting for the puller) and i also have to adjust the timing (cam mod) before i can button up the engine. next update will be after i rebuild my carb and install intake, exhaust and carb. Also i just sent off my wiring harness to 38 Motorsport to gut the harness for a kick starter with no battery.
IMG_4653.jpg
IMG_4656.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
*UPDATE
I rebuilt my carb and was going to install the #35 leak jet in the bowl but it wasn't happy so it looks like I'm ordering a R&D racing power bowl 2 since a float bowl is $150-ish anyways.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alot to throw into this next update

i have removed all the electric start gears and one way clutch on the flywheel. Ive heard this is equivalent to a -6oz flywheel.
I went ahead and did the cam mod. Didn’t feel like doing it immediately when i rebuilt the top end so im doing it now.

I cut my rear fenders since this is a duner only, and also I would need to cut the fenders for the kickstart arm anyways.

I repacked and installed my cerakoted Dasa Exhaust (4-bolt) exhaust and mocked up my tyson racing +4 swingarm.

I mocked up my New houser racing +2 steering stem and anti vibe clamp. Just waiting on pro taper bar and grip as well as the pivot works steering stem rebuild.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
installed my protaper bars and pivot works steering stem rebuild.

Got my new wheel/tire setup

Got my long travel Alba a-arms and guess what! One of the lower arms doesnt fit. Its a 16th of an inch to wide. So hopefully they will send me a new one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Getting to small detail stuff while waiting on the last shipment of parts. Dasa exhaust decal, route the clutch and throttle cable, install my galfer brake lines, install ASV levers

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No more bluetooth swingarm! i got it all installed and the brakes bled. I pressed in all the bearings and a-arms are in. just waiting on my elka shocks to arrive. I also decided to take the stock throttle and brake caps to my mill and take off all the ugly lettering.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts