YFZ Central banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got an 04 yfz and I just want to get to know what to expect maintenance wise and just overall tips and tricks about these machines because this is my first one (I'm 16)

Thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
They're pretty reliable quads and you should do the cam mod and zip tip mod. And take the lid off the air box and take the spark arrestor out and learn how to rejet the carb.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They're pretty reliable quads and you should do the cam mod and zip tip mod. And take the lid off the air box and take the spark arrestor out and learn how to rejet the carb.
Already got the airbox lid off with and hmf slip on

And I thought the ziptie mod was hard on the engine?

The cam mod is something I'll do eventually once I build the confidence to do so lol

What do you think about the oil update because I'm getting mixed feelings of weather you need it or not because my uncle has an 04 as well that he races that he's never had a problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Zip tie mod is completely safe. If you keep up with your maintenance then you should be fine. IMO I would still do the oil upgrade anyways just to be on the safe side. Rather not take the risk and save my engine

·
Registered
146 Posts
[/Q
How often shoukd I change oil and what oil should I use?
I would do the oil mod because it can probarly save your engine one day. And i change my oil every two ride and i use 10w-40 racing 4t mobile 1 oil.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Already got the airbox lid off with and hmf slip on

And I thought the ziptie mod was hard on the engine?

The cam mod is something I'll do eventually once I build the confidence to do so lol

What do you think about the oil update because I'm getting mixed feelings of weather you need it or not because my uncle has an 04 as well that he races that he's never had a problem?

Thanks
Oil update is a must you will granade that engine. I bought a 04 last year cheap for that reason. Spend the $$$ to get it done. I also have an 05 since new that was one of the upgrade I did. Still running. I use jtatv.com. fast turnaround time.

·
Registered
YFZ 450 2005
3 Posts
So I just got an 04 yfz and I just want to get to know what to expect maintenance wise and just overall tips and tricks about these machines because this is my first one (I'm 16)

Thanks
Hey man! This is a late reply but nice quad! How do you like your quad so far with these past few months that have passed by. Summer is here and it's time to rip through some more tires.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey man! This is a late reply but nice quad! How do you like your quad so far with these past few months that have passed by. Summer is here and it's time to rip through some more tires.
Thanks!
It's been a blast, thing is a monster!

All my friends(mainly dirtbike riders) are so mad that a four wheeler can keep up with them on the track lol 🤙

1 - 18 of 18 Posts