YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am 6'2 and my yfz is feeling a bit small. Im eventually going to +2 it all the way around with stage 4 elkas. I am considering a +2 LSR swing arm from ATV galaxy on ebay for like $500. Would this make my YFZ feel a lot larger while also being practical for trails/jumping/etc? It feels super small at the moment and +2 will help but i feel like its going to just make it a huge square lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I run a +2 LSR swingarm on my YFZR and I really like it, doesn't seem to long & still jumps well. Lower foot pegs will also help a lot with comfort.

·
Registered
30 Posts
How does it rides on the trails and track? i know for dunes/wide open spaces its awesome but is it still fairly manageable? I can squeeze through anywhere I had to go so far mx width so just curious.
thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
have you done a longer steering stem? Lower foot pegs and longer stem would make a world of difference.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Hey guys I am 6'2 and my yfz is feeling a bit small. Im eventually going to +2 it all the way around with stage 4 elkas. I am considering a +2 LSR swing arm from ATV galaxy on ebay for like $500. Would this make my YFZ feel a lot larger while also being practical for trails/jumping/etc? It feels super small at the moment and +2 will help but i feel like its going to just make it a huge square lol
Even if you got a plus 20" swing arm, it's not going to feel any bigger as far as ergonomics go for a big guy. Plus 2 is going to put more weight on the front wheels, and it seems to me like it would make the handing kinda funky for anything but dune riding. Also, you're going to gain about 7 pounds with an aftermarket swing arm, and that's ALOT of weight. Jmo.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
have you done a longer steering stem? Lower foot pegs and longer stem would make a world of difference.
Even if you got a plus 20" swing arm, it's not going to feel any bigger as far as ergonomics go for a big guy. Plus 2 is going to put more weight on the front wheels, and it seems to me like it would make the handing kinda funky for anything but dune riding. Also, you're going to gain about 7 pounds with an aftermarket swing arm, and that's ALOT of weight. Jmo.
I have done a +2 stem in it's feels a lot better but still meh lol. I think the +2 will help a lot. I might go 50 inches wide and do the +2 swing arm, I think that will really make the quad A LOT larger. As for weight I just casually jump, and I really just use the quad for trail riding. Can't beat the power of a 450 on the trails.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think the longer wheel base also effects your turning radius. It will make it so you cant turn as tight. Ive got an ARS/FX +3 stem that will be for sale shortly, its a little tall for me. I'm gonna try a +2. I would lean towards lower foot pegs and a taller stem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.