YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew of a company that produced an a-arm skid plate that will fit the +2 standard travel Houser a-arms. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (YFZ450Racer411 @ Mar 1 2009, 11:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=752757
i dunno of anyone who makes skidplates for them a-arms but i would suggest investing in either some +.5 or stock a-arms unless your trails are wide enough for +2s in that case you good lol[/b]

I got a 04 that I have set up for gncc with stock width, and then a 07 set up for mx, but I ride stripjobs to get some seat time in where width is not an issue, I just want something to help protect the housers.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Im not sure if it will work or not. But if you have skids for stock arms. Where the skid plate bends. You could lay it on the ground and hit it with a rubber hammer and flatten it out. I thought about doing this with mine. But ive not done any test fitting, measuring or anything like that. Plus my Housers havent arrived yet. This might be easier for me since mine are +.5. Its a thought. Just do a lot of a measuring to make sure after you flatten them, they will fit around the outside of the arms correctly. Just so u dont ruin a good pair of skids.

Also, if they wont flatten on the floor. You could probably get a vise, put to flat pieces of whatever on each side of the skid plate (like a sandwich). And then place that in the vise and that should flatten it out. I would say use wood, but in the vise, the metal from the skid plate might just indent the wood and eventually crack it b4 it really does anything.

Just a couple ideas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts