YFZ Central banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well they are! Those bastards had 40000 acres closed at glamis over some stupid weed that has no value to mankind whatsoever... they should be youthiniezed like china does to girls as soon as they are born...it took 14 years to get it opened back up..and come to find out offroaders actually help bury the seeds and spread the growth of this bullshit endangered species act shit...now they are all up in arms about some lizard that no one has ever seen at glamis.. they are like a cockblocker from high school..remember some fat girl crying because nobody liked her and your girlfriend felt bad for her blah blah blah.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have never been to pismo.. its too far from phoenix lol, I have heard its only like 1500 acres.. what a shame too much has been closed due to those satan worshiping tree huggers.
Pismo keeps getting smaller, but I just read that there's a possibility for Dumont (Glamis) to shut down. Maybe I'll change from a plain American flag to a bright orange one. Also, my wife will be with me driving my Tahoe and vise versa other than riding from camp to the restrooms. I need another pickup so I can tow my travel trailer and quad, but I don't mind a tent for 2 days.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I hate those bastards..damn tree huggers they should be youthenized like china does to baby girls.they had 40000 acres closed due to some bullshit weed on the endangered species act even though the plant has no value to mankind...now they are on some kick about some stupid lizard that no one including the blm has even seen at glamis..they are after octillo wells for the same reason..where is the unibomber when you need him?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I hate those bastards..damn tree huggers they should be youthenized like china does to baby girls.they had 40000 acres closed due to some bullshit weed on the endangered species act even though the plant has no value to mankind...now they are on some kick about some stupid lizard that no one including the blm has even seen at glamis..they are after octillo wells for the same reason..where is the unibomber when you need him?
Haha yep, I saw an ant hill while pulling into my driveway so I had to park on the street.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pismo keeps getting smaller, but I just read that there's a possibility for Dumont (Glamis) to shut down. Maybe I'll change from a plain American flag to a bright orange one. Also, my wife will be with me driving my Tahoe and vise versa other than riding from camp to the restrooms. I need another pickup so I can tow my travel trailer and quad, but I don't mind a tent for 2 days.
Is it dumont or glamis? those are two separate places. And what for?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Glamis just reopened 40000 acres and dumont who knows... but yes they are two completely different sand dune areas...if glamis was in arizona we wouldn't be having these issues...

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Is it dumont or glamis? those are two separate places. And what for?
True, Glamis is a city and technically has no dunes. I'm referring to the nicknames of the imperial dunes. Yes, Dumont, Glamis, Buttercup, Ocotillo Wells, etc. Are all down there and separate. I don't know exactly where or why they're talking about closing down, probably wildlife like always.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Sorry, I meant Imperial when I first said Dumont.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
What rpm's should I get the motor around when starting in 2nd? I have it idling at 1k on my tach give or take 100 depending on the temp.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Pismo is nothing like glamis, hardly any rails at Pismo, its all the tourists that rent quads you have to look out for, every time I go I head straight to the back of the dunes 95% of the rental quads cant make it that far lol

to that let alone make it up a dune with them dirt tires.....lol

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
So I'm still looking for paddles and need some help. For just doing light cruising around more than hill climbing should I go with a V style rear or will a hauler type be better all around? I don't plan on drag racing or even hill racing on this trip unless it's against my truck. Also how important are front tires for a first time duner? I lost a full set with front razors and rear haulers for $160 on Craigslist and have a few options for rears only.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Only buy skat trak haulers..imo. I have owned v's and bought my extreme haulers and never could imagine the difference! They are worth the investment and much more durable

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Are haulers good for just messing around? I found a pair of 21x12x8 8 paddles for $100 mounted. What about fronts? Keep in mind this will be my first time, but also I may only go once or so a year.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Best traction bar none..and if you ever go to glamis you will be glad you have them,also they are shaved and feather lite. BEST sand tire out there I have had sand stars they are heavy and bury you're ass too easy and trakkers..haulers are best for floatation run 3.5-4.0 psi and they are perfect! My wife has the size you speak of and even learning to ride sand I never had to get off my bike and get her unstuck.she runs them on a z-400 and just floats everywhere..

·
Registered
184 Posts
Fronts are not important imo...in the sand once you get up to speed the fronts are more or less just like rudders..I have sand star fronts and notice no difference from my dirt tires...but they do look cool:)

21 - 40 of 47 Posts