YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have the first gen exhaust from you guys, and my allen bolts for the can where it connects to the header pipe always come out, i've tried everything, silicon, red loctite, but they still come out. The metal on the can is ripped where the holes are for the bolts on both sides. - meaning the caps on both ends come off very easily. I am starting to get very frustrated and don't have the money right now to buy a new can with caps.

I was wondering could I just rivet the end caps on myself - I would think that this would be a good fix.

Also, when repacking the can with fiberglass, How much do I want to get in there. Do I basically fill it up as much as i can or what.

Any response would be appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So ESR doesn't look at these forums or what. That is kind of a discouraging thought. Please anybody that knows anything about this please help. I have searched and found some very good suggestions as to what I should do.

My threads on the endcaps are starting to get torn apart so putting new screws just isn't working anymore. I think rivets would work but has anybody done this - I didn't know if it would tear the aluminum can apart on the ends because of the vibrations and exhaust, because that is what happened to the can where the holes are for the screws on the endcaps are.

Any response from anybody would be greatly appreciated, and hopefully ESR will come in here and say something.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
So ESR doesn't look at these forums or what. That is kind of a discouraging thought. Please anybody that knows anything about this please help. I have searched and found some very good suggestions as to what I should do.

My threads on the endcaps are starting to get torn apart so putting new screws just isn't working anymore. I think rivets would work but has anybody done this - I didn't know if it would tear the aluminum can apart on the ends because of the vibrations and exhaust, because that is what happened to the can where the holes are for the screws on the endcaps are.

Any response from anybody would be greatly appreciated, and hopefully ESR will come in here and say something.[/b]
Its very easy to fix those.Take both end caps off and the core out.Take a electric mitre saw with a metal blade in it and cut about a half inch off both ends>In other words cut off the old ruined holes.Mark the can with each end cap and drill new holes on both ends.Then take the core and take the end that is solid,not screen material and trim about an inch off of it.If you take your time and do it right you can do this in about 45 minutes with the right saw.I just fixed my friends today.Its really easy.Another thing is you dont repack it with fiber glass,you use the pillow type packing.It comes lin a flat bag looking form,you wrap that around the core and tape it and put your pipe back together.As for the screw you need to get slightly longer ones and some lock washers from a hardware store.Then use Red Locktite and some high heat silicone on all the screws and they wont fall out again.I had my own ESR a while back and figured all this out to fix it.Good Luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey thanks a lot. This really helped. Does anybody have problems with ESR not replying or responding to your emails and everything else?? - because unless i am doing something wrong, ESR just lost a customer thats for sure!

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
hey thanks a lot. This really helped. Does anybody have problems with ESR not replying or responding to your emails and everything else?? - because unless i am doing something wrong, ESR just lost a customer thats for sure![/b]

I DONT THINK THEY ARE ON THIS SITE MUCH.Get there phone number and call them.The website is www.esr250.com .good Luck.Everyone who has ever owned an ESR Pro Series pipes knows they eventually fall apart.Every one of my friends at one time owned one and they all lose the screws then eventually rip the aluminum cannister.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts