YFZ Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have a set of 8" ITP beadlocks with 18" tires. Should I buy a new set of 9" DWT beadlocks and put on 20" tires? I know 18" tires are known for motocross which I do ride but I also ride trails alot and sometimes I notice the 1" less ground clearance of the swingarm when going over rough terrain and hitting and dragging it. I really am at a toss up because I ride mx alot too. All input appreciated!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I agree. If you ride both, then you´ll never have what you want unless you have a set of tires for each type of riding. I have what I believe to be an excellent compromise, which is a set of 19 inch Artrax rears. I really like them. I used to have the 19 inch MXR4 Holeshots, but they´re no longer produced. I really like the fact that the 19s are for a 9 inch rim, and they offer a lower profile than the factory 20 inch tire, and more ground clearance than an 18 inch tire. I find them to be very versatile. The tread pattern is good, and they´re fairly inexpensive, as well. Much less expensive than your typical ITP or Maxxis tires.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah that wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for the funds. I already have a full set of rims and tires for TT racing! I will look into those Artrax tires but will probably just break down and buy a 3rd set of rims and tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.