YFZ Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GETTING READY TO CHANGE OUT FRONT SPROCKET TO 15TH TO COMPENSATE FOR THE 18 INCH REAR TIRES. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD ANY FITTING ISSUES WHEN DOING THIS CHANGE. RESPONSES APRECIATED.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rocklin near sacramento. I just mounted a set of the mxr6 and like them alot. Just looking for alittle more top end that I lost from going 18 in rear. Any other advice than gearing?

·
Registered
723 Posts
nope that should do the trick for ya also there is a gearing worksheet on this site
http://www.dieseltwitch.com/YFZ450/home.htm

download it and it will tell you all you need to know about gearing

since your in nor-cal you should also join up on www.nor-calatv.com

this is a great yfz450 specific site with tons of info on the bike but nor-calatv is all about keeping in touch with local race events and local riding events

great site! check it out... im zum over there also, hope to see you at the track

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey thanks for the great info zum ill check it out. Where do you ride in modesto? I usually drive 40 mins to marysville and ride at river front park on wednesday evenings. In the next month saturdays are going to be opened up for practice sessions. You should check it out, nice track.

·
Registered
723 Posts
QUOTE (HBYZ @ Feb 15 2009, 12:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=746612
Hey thanks for the great info zum ill check it out. Where do you ride in modesto? I usually drive 40 mins to marysville and ride at river front park on wednesday evenings. In the next month saturdays are going to be opened up for practice sessions. You should check it out, nice track.[/b]
we've been doing some of (well all) the CMC race schedules stops. la grange, club moto, argyl, holisters upper MX track. lots of fun!

but yeah i do plan on heading out to RF soon, if you ride RF you might know some of the members on nor-calatv.com A LOT of them are regulars out there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts