YFZ Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used the search but couldn't find much info on 15t front sprocket from the Raptor. First off how much more top speed does it provide roughly?. Secondly will I notice a significant loss of rideability in tight and technical situations. My YFZ runs all the standard mods....full exhaust K&N etc. etc. Lastly will my stock chain allow enough slack for install?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
I installed the 15 tooth last week, as far as top speed and low end power I can't really say, because I added the hi-comp piston and did the cam mod at the same time, but I can tell you that there is more than enough slack in your stock chain. It does however make for a really tight fit if you are using a case saver. :sonic

·
Registered
556 Posts
Originally posted by Outrider77@Feb 20 2004, 09:01 PM
Used the search but couldn't find much info on 15t front sprocket from the Raptor. First off how much more top speed does it provide roughly?. Secondly will I notice a significant loss of rideability in tight and technical situations. My YFZ runs all the standard mods....full exhaust K&N etc. etc. Lastly will my stock chain allow enough slack for install?

Thanks in advance :)
Raptor comes with a 13 tooth front sprocket. I actually bought a 15 tooth for my bike, and put my old 14 tooth on our Raptor, and it was like a free upgrade.

Yes, there is enough chain slack to install a 15 tooth on the YFZ. The case saver barely fits, but mine doesn't rub.

It was a great upgrade for me, but I mainly ride dunes.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I went to an 18" MX rear tire and went to a 15T. Seems like it made up the difference from changing to a smaller rear tire. I would say my gearing now feels a lot like stock with the short tires. For MX, I feel like I go even go down a tooth or two on the rear and still pull great out of the corners.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I pu one on mine but have now taken it off and put the 14T back on.

But I am a bigger fella at 220lbs and it did not seem to pull the steep comp hill out at Dumont very well.

My bike with me on it is about 3-4 lengths faster up the hill with the 14T, now someonw 150lbs or less I am sure the 15T would be the ticket.

Oh yeah the fronst from the Raptor do fit right on and there is enough of slack in the stock chain to fit the 15T, like said above.

·
Registered
383 Posts
what about the rears? whats stock and will the raptor stuff fit?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Stock is 38, raptor rear sprockets won't fit.

Geoff.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The 1987-88 Banshee rear sprockets will work. But only those two years. I run a 13/38 in the dunes with YZ cam and GYTR high rev cdi and the bike run great. Next week will have by 2 inch extended swingarm. :rock

·
Registered
542 Posts
Ok, while we are on the subject of gearing, does anyone know the effect tires have on gearing? I understand taller tires will give you taller gearing, but, how much taller? Say I go from 20" paddles, to 22". Would that be similiar to a 15 tooth front?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I added a 15t sproket and I noticed that my Chain Roller is about to come off. I need to get the chain roller relocator and a new chain roller. Does anyone know where I can find a new Chain Roller. I have found plenty of relocators, but not any new chain rollers.

Thanks,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts