YFZ Central banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16’ Yfz 450r SE 60th anniversary
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im 15 and my dad just gave me the bike because all of the family has something to ride in and the bike has just been sitting there, it’s a 2016 yfz 450r SE 60th anniversary, do you guys think it’s to fast for me? I’ve ridden it twice before and I didn’t go over 2nd gear, I’ve ridden the same bike but a 06’ 4th gear on that one and a 2005 banshee 3rd gear on that one, what do you guys think? Any mods for me?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Good decision. Just don't over do it, but of course don't under do it either🤟 I just turned 16 and have been driving a 450 for nearly 9 months. I'm comfortable with 5th gear pinned on big bowls at the dunes, so it will come quicker than you think. To be fair I've been riding ever since I was 4. Just be cautious so you don't get significantly hurt. By the way, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
83 Posts
Im 15 and my dad just gave me the bike because all of the family has something to ride in and the bike has just been sitting there, it’s a 2016 yfz 450r SE 60th anniversary, do you guys think it’s to fast for me? I’ve ridden it twice before and I didn’t go over 2nd gear, I’ve ridden the same bike but a 06’ 4th gear on that one and a 2005 banshee 3rd gear on that one, what do you guys think? Any mods for me?
You'll be good dude. Just as the others said, take your time, get to know the quad and don't be trying to show off for the girls...at least not until you get a bit more experience. WEAR A HELMET!! I wouldn't be here today if I wasn't wearing a helmet on numerous occasions.
As for mods, I would consider getting a Vortex ECU just to get the quad running right. It'll be easier to ride and more predictable if it actually runs right. They are expensive for a young man your age but certainly worth the money. Might have to start mowing lawns to make some cash but that's how we did it back in my day.
I repeat...WEAR A HELMET!! (y)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts