YFZ Central banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
I'd feel fine running pump gas in that and I can only get 91. 93? No problem.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Stock is 11.9:1 ( I assume you talking about the YFZ) so I'm sure an extra tenth isn't going to affect much, and you'll be just fine on pump gas :wtf

·
Registered
545 Posts
i run straight 100 in my modded yfz (still stock 11:9.1 comp) dont trust the 91 here in cali

hey eric where are you in cali?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by norcal450@Nov 14 2003, 02:12 PM
Erik as in selector? I'm in Utah although I moved here from San Diego.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
hey, i really dont feel the need to start a new thread for my question. what octane fuel would you run with a 13:1 compression piston? im assuming 93 octane is out of the question?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by Tainted Glory@Nov 14 2003, 02:22 PM
hey, i really dont feel the need to start a new thread for my question. what octane fuel would you run with a 13:1 compression piston? im assuming 93 octane is out of the question?
I was running a 60/40 mix of 110 & 91 respectively.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Originally posted by selector+Nov 14 2003, 12:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (selector @ Nov 14 2003, 12:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--norcal450@Nov 14 2003, 02:12 PM
Erik as in selector? I'm in Utah although I moved here from San Diego. [/b][/quote]
well first sorry if i offended you by using your name and sorry i misspelled it.

i have talked to you many times but i use a different name on a lot of the boards. im yellow400rider on bluetraxx. just asked you a ? today about running the battery on the kicker setup.

also ordered some stuff from bob today and talked about you and your kicker setup. what im saying is no i dont know you personally and if you dont want me to use your name i wont. also i wasnt sure if erik was in fact your name or not and wanted clarification ;)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Originally posted by Tainted Glory@Nov 14 2003, 12:22 PM
How much is it for that piston and where can i prchase it? And is changing the Piston as simple as Taking out the old one and popping in the new one? Or is there other things u need to change to be able to have that piston...thanx

·
Registered
545 Posts
Originally posted by YFZdream450+Nov 14 2003, 01:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (YFZdream450 @ Nov 14 2003, 01:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Tainted Glory@Nov 14 2003, 12:22 PM
How much is it for that piston and where can i prchase it? And is changing the Piston as simple as Taking out the old one and popping in the new one? Or is there other things u need to change to be able to have that piston...thanx [/b][/quote]
its the gyt-r piston kit

retail is 179 and youll need the top end gasket kit as well retail 29

and no there is nothing special, just drop it in :lol

·
Registered
545 Posts
Originally posted by YFZdream450@Nov 14 2003, 01:41 PM
How much will it improve the performance of my YFZ???
Speed wise...power wise...
yamaha claims 1.5-3 horsepower throughout the powerband. from the people i have talked to it really makes a nice difference :rock only thing holding me back is who i am going to have do it. probly dive into it with my bussy rather then pay a few hours labor at the stealer.

now i just cant decide....kickstart or high comp first :lol

be sure to run 100 octane or a mix of 110 and pump

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Yeah, i use VP Ultimate 4 with half of 91. Im pretty sure that VP is 110. Is that good?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
There is no reason that you could not run 91-93 octane with that 12:1 piston the stocker is 11.9:1 and Yamaha reccommends 91

I will be running 110, and sometimes booze after the JE 13.5:1 gets installed in mine this weekend :blah

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
your question really depends on what elevation you will ride at.

higher elevation requires less octane than lower elevation or sea level.

Also, Bob at Magnolia has the piston kit on sale right now. I thought it was $175 complete with all gaskets and hardware..check ebay. it is listed there

1 - 16 of 16 Posts