YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Frame: 2001 Yamaha Raptor 660
Motor: 2006 Yamaha R1 1000cc

I built this monster and only rode it 3-4 times. I began to tear it down, paint everything, rework the wiring and rework the exhaust, but too many other projects got in the way. It is currently assembled and in 100% working order. I'm selling because I never ride it anymore and would like more room in the garage. I hate to see it go but I would like someone to enjoy riding it.

I've ridden it at Oceano dunes a few times and it gets everyone's attention. People come from all directions to find out what it is. Not to mention it's faster than most anything else out there. With a proper set of paddles this thing will tear your arms off. Not for amateurs!

Unlike many other R1 quad builds, the motor was lined up correctly with the rear sprocket so the chain stays on without a tensioner. Others use a tensioner to account for poor alignment. With the R1 radiator and fans it does not overheat like those that try to use the stock 660 radiator. The engine has been freshly rebuilt with all new rings, bearings, seals, oil pump, etc... There are no leaks, no odd noises, runs like a top! The frame was reworked with lightweight chromoly tubing with strengthening gussets added as necessary. For rigidity, all six motor mounting points were used, whereas some builders cut corners and only use four. A proper intake manifold with the correct plenum volume was built instead of using mini filters on each throttle body. The tip-over sensor was retained which will kill the motor if the quad were to roll over or flip over backwards (very easy to do).

A lot of money was put into this build. It will ride perfectly fine as is, but could use some final touches to make it one awesome quad.

Chassis/Suspension/Body:
Raptor 660 frame modified lower section to fit the R1 motor, removed all unneeded mounts/brackets
Stock 660 front a-arms
YFZ450 special edition front shocks
Custom Marvin Shaw rear shock
Chrome +6" swingarm
JJ&A round billet carrier and brake caliper bracket
Durablue 2+2 widened rear axle
Durablue Posi Lock axle nut
Crossdrilled rear brake rotor
ASR stainless brake lines with billet line clamps (front lines will fit +2 A-arms)
EK MVXZ Gold 520 chain
Fly YFZ450 handlebar
Billet handlebar clamp
DG aluminum grab bar
Brake speed bleeders
Stock Raptor 660 seat, perfect condition
Special edition plastics, drag cut (some scratches and dulling, one broken tab)
Stock Raptor wheels/tires (the rear tires are nearly bald, and lose air after a few weeks, but I only use them for storage)
Powdercoated front wheel hubs with new wheel bearings

Engine/Exhaust/Fuel:
2006 R1 motor, completely stripped down and rebuilt with all new seals and gaskets, bearings, rings, cam chain, oil pump gears, oil pump chain, rod bolts, valves adjusted, etc
Stock header, EXUP blocked off
Custom dual exhaust with carbon fiber mufflers
2008 R1 radiator and dual fans
Stock R1 wiring and ECU
Stock R1 gauge cluster
Stock R1 twist throttle
Motion Pro custom throttle and clutch cables
Custom intake manifold
Custom dual air intake
K&N air filter
AIS blockoff plates
Driven 14T front sprocket
JT 52T rear sprocket
Graves EXUP eliminator module
Thermo wax (choke) delete
Professional Products inline fuel pump
Black nylon braided AN fuel lines, -6 feed line, -4 return line
Anodized aluminum fuel fittings and fuel filter
Stock Raptor 660 fuel tank
New battery
Oil just changed

Left to be done:
Frame needs to be painted
Exhaust should be reworked for additional ground clearance
Wiring needs minor work to move the ECU

I also have a TON of parts leftover from the build that I can include. I can also include a 5-gallon gas can, helmet, goggles, and gloves.

I am asking $6900 obo, no trades please. Located in San Luis Obispo, CA, only 20 minutes from Oceano dunes.

PM me with any questions.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
38 Posts
Frame: 2001 Yamaha Raptor 660
Motor: 2006 Yamaha R1 1000cc

I built this monster and only rode it 3-4 times. I began to tear it down, paint everything, rework the wiring and rework the exhaust, but too many other projects got in the way. It is currently assembled and in 100% working order. I'm selling because I never ride it anymore and would like more room in the garage. I hate to see it go but I would like someone to enjoy riding it.

I've ridden it at Oceano dunes a few times and it gets everyone's attention. People come from all directions to find out what it is. Not to mention it's faster than most anything else out there. With a proper set of paddles this thing will tear your arms off. Not for amateurs!

Unlike many other R1 quad builds, the motor was lined up correctly with the rear sprocket so the chain stays on without a tensioner. Others use a tensioner to account for poor alignment. With the R1 radiator and fans it does not overheat like those that try to use the stock 660 radiator. The engine has been freshly rebuilt with all new rings, bearings, seals, oil pump, etc... There are no leaks, no odd noises, runs like a top! The frame was reworked with lightweight chromoly tubing with strengthening gussets added as necessary. For rigidity, all six motor mounting points were used, whereas some builders cut corners and only use four. A proper intake manifold with the correct plenum volume was built instead of using mini filters on each throttle body. The tip-over sensor was retained which will kill the motor if the quad were to roll over or flip over backwards (very easy to do).

A lot of money was put into this build. It will ride perfectly fine as is, but could use some final touches to make it one awesome quad.

Chassis/Suspension/Body:
Raptor 660 frame modified lower section to fit the R1 motor, removed all unneeded mounts/brackets
Stock 660 front a-arms
YFZ450 special edition front shocks
Custom Marvin Shaw rear shock
Chrome +6" swingarm
JJ&A round billet carrier and brake caliper bracket
Durablue 2+2 widened rear axle
Durablue Posi Lock axle nut
Crossdrilled rear brake rotor
ASR stainless brake lines with billet line clamps (front lines will fit +2 A-arms)
EK MVXZ Gold 520 chain
Fly YFZ450 handlebar
Billet handlebar clamp
DG aluminum grab bar
Brake speed bleeders
Stock Raptor 660 seat, perfect condition
Special edition plastics, drag cut (some scratches and dulling, one broken tab)
Stock Raptor wheels/tires (the rear tires are nearly bald, and lose air after a few weeks, but I only use them for storage)
Powdercoated front wheel hubs with new wheel bearings

Engine/Exhaust/Fuel:
2006 R1 motor, completely stripped down and rebuilt with all new seals and gaskets, bearings, rings, cam chain, oil pump gears, oil pump chain, rod bolts, valves adjusted, etc
Stock header, EXUP blocked off
Custom dual exhaust with carbon fiber mufflers
2008 R1 radiator and dual fans
Stock R1 wiring and ECU
Stock R1 gauge cluster
Stock R1 twist throttle
Motion Pro custom throttle and clutch cables
Custom intake manifold
Custom dual air intake
K&N air filter
AIS blockoff plates
Driven 14T front sprocket
JT 52T rear sprocket
Graves EXUP eliminator module
Thermo wax (choke) delete
Professional Products inline fuel pump
Black nylon braided AN fuel lines, -6 feed line, -4 return line
Anodized aluminum fuel fittings and fuel filter
Stock Raptor 660 fuel tank
New battery
Oil just changed

Left to be done:
Frame needs to be painted
Exhaust should be reworked for additional ground clearance
Wiring needs minor work to move the ECU

I also have a TON of parts leftover from the build that I can include. I can also include a 5-gallon gas can, helmet, goggles, and gloves.

I am asking $6900 obo, no trades please. Located in San Luis Obispo, CA, only 20 minutes from Oceano dunes.

PM me with any questions.

still for sale?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Damnn im eating krapp on a 450 hanging in trails bumping throttle by accident on rough stufff.

A 1000 holy krap. Has to be a dragger only.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts