YFZ Central banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im considering buying 20x10x10 haulers, (10 paddle). I have a 2008 YFZ w/ Two Bros slip on, Trinity stage 4 intake, lid off, cam mod, 170 main, 48 pilot with stock needle. Current gearing is 15 countershaft with stock rear. The set up will be used primarily at Glamis. My question is, will 10 paddles be too much bite?? I weigh about 235 lbs.

·
dippy doodle
2,801 Posts
I weigh about the same as you and I have a yoshi exhaust with oversized K&N and rejetted and I have 8 paddle haulers and it turns them pretty good. I think 10 paddles is to much.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I am not an expert, but we have similar mods. I sand drag with a 7 paddle tripple buff regular hauler. They bite too much most of the time and I weight 225. This past weekend I was sitting on the gas tank, near the handle bars and leaving in 2nd slipping the clutch, almost every race I had to let off the gas due to the wheelies.

I would think an 8 paddle or less might be a better choice.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
a 15 tooth sprocket??

i just got today a 14 for dirt and a 13 for sand

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (YFZER359 @ Feb 10 2009, 06:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=744920
a 15 tooth sprocket??

i just got today a 14 for dirt and a 13 for sand[/b]
Yeah, with the 14 tooth it would wind out too fast and didnt seem to going that fast. I shift less and it made a pretty big difference on top.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i have set of those but i got mine for free and they seemed to be ok but i didnt get to use them much

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
QUOTE (bjirsa @ Feb 10 2009, 07:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=744927
Yeah, with the 14 tooth it would wind out too fast and didnt seem to going that fast. I shift less and it made a pretty big difference on top.[/b]
hmmm

i got 8 paddle AMS Aeropeeds and with a 14 it will like barely tap out and to do berm roost thing i have to rev the pi$$ outta it then dump the clutch to get any kind of spinning

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (YFZER359 @ Feb 10 2009, 08:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=744991
hmmm

i got 8 paddle AMS Aeropeeds and with a 14 it will like barely tap out and to do berm roost thing i have to rev the pi$$ outta it then dump the clutch to get any kind of spinning[/b]
Let me clear this up. I'm running the 15 tooth with the stock tires. I have yet to put the paddles on the bike, but in theory, by keeping the same size (20" diameter) tires there shouldnt be that big of a difference. At least on paper.....could be wrong though due to the increase in traction.

·
Registered
260 Posts
i have 21-10-8 extremes 7 paddles and weigh 220 and run a 13 tooth sprocket, leave in second gear, you'll be golden, 10 paddles are too much..

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
QUOTE (bjirsa @ Feb 10 2009, 10:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=745048
Let me clear this up. I'm running the 15 tooth with the stock tires. I have yet to put the paddles on the bike, but in theory, by keeping the same size (20" diameter) tires there shouldnt be that big of a difference. At least on paper.....could be wrong though due to the increase in traction.[/b]
oh i see what you mean

sand is complately different, you get way more traction with beefy paddles

go with a 13 tooth sprocket, 15 tooth is wayy to much

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
QUOTE (bjirsa @ Feb 10 2009, 09:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=745048
Let me clear this up. I'm running the 15 tooth with the stock tires. I have yet to put the paddles on the bike, but in theory, by keeping the same size (20" diameter) tires there shouldnt be that big of a difference. At least on paper.....could be wrong though due to the increase in traction.[/b]

When haulers get buffed off they loose a lot of the structure in the tire that keeps the diameter true to the given dimensions, so with every set of haulers, including the exact same set you are talking about, were actually larger than the given dimension by at least an inch. Most of these guys are also talking about too much grip when drag racing and the initial launch, like I said before if your not into drag racing then dont worry about it being too much paddle.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (Oregon450Duner @ Feb 11 2009, 03:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=745374
When haulers get buffed off they loose a lot of the structure in the tire that keeps the diameter true to the given dimensions, so with every set of haulers, including the exact same set you are talking about, were actually larger than the given dimension by at least an inch. Most of these guys are also talking about too much grip when drag racing and the initial launch, like I said before if your not into drag racing then dont worry about it being too much paddle.[/b]
so if I dont want my a$$ handed to me drag racing, go with 8's??

·
dippy doodle
2,801 Posts
Ya go with the 8 inch rim. I had 20x10x8 and they hooked up real nice for drag racing, but they suck trying to whip the rear end around, it just wants to grab and go straight. So I picked up some sand stars, there much better for sliding around.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts