YFZ Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK..
Looking for some insight from you guys that have allready replaced the stock bars with aftermarket that sit higher (1/2" on the ones I have).

I am installing the trail-tech X-bars with their YFZ clamp and this will raise the bar up 1/2 over stock.

1- How do you lengthen the front brake line? replace it ? or will it extend long enough for this amount of rise?

2- How do you re-route the clutch cable to gain added length for the additional height?

Any other hints to getting a taller set up on and dealing with all the cables/ lines???

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
There's a cable loop welded to the frame in front of the steering stem. I rebent it so the curve goes farther to the right. I found my throttle cables were pulling when the bars went all the way right. This little modification helped alot. To keep your cables from popping out of the open end of the loop, I slid a carburetor vent hose over it to extend it a bit.

·
Registered
983 Posts
woah wait a minute, I just ordered the X-BAR CLAMP with TRAIL TECH ATV X-BAR.
I wanted the high bends and ordered it online that way but some guy emailed me back saying that they didnt want to sell me the high bend for the YFZ because they said it didnt work with the cable so i should pick the standard bend. ARe you telling me that i couldve picked the highbend and just bend that little piece wide a little and i wouldnt have a problem? I am 6'4" so iots important to get as high a rise as i can with my bars.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got the trail tech x bend bar in 1/2 rise.

I've found that it is a very tight fit with the clutch cable and front brake line.. not sure about the throttle since I went to a twist.

You have to have the bar positioned so it is not pulled back anymore than the stock bar and it will work.

When I first attempted the install I pulled the bars back too far in the clamp by mistake.

If you position the bar vertical from the ground you will just make it.

call and get the 1/2" rise bar...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts