YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me. I have an 09 450yfz it will fire once and then quit. If you cut the switch off and back on it will fire once again then quit. It will only fire 1 when you cut switch off then back on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Maybe loose connection, starter is bad, just do a run down of what connects I have an 04 carb yfz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will do. But I bought the bike because it wasn't firing got it home and out of the blue it started firing. I had to buy a coil pack because the other one was busted and shooting sparks out the side. The new one comes in i put it on and now it want fire again. So i put old one back and still. It just fires once then quits.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have heard of bad ignition coils, some of the rebuilt ones at least..your bike is carbed or fuel injected? I know they switched that year to fuel injected but not sure if it was like car dealers half carb half fi...but anyways what else did you change or touch when you go it? Is the spark plug good, is it generating spark?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you cut switch off then on itll spark once then quit. Itll spark once everytime you cut switch off then on. It worked good then all.of.a sudden just quit firing. But like I said if you cut switch off then back on itll fire once then quit

·
Registered
14 Posts
You checked the switch itself? Maybe there is a ground that’s not making a good contact I don’t know what the original owner might have done, check your connector on the starter switch see if you have any loose pins gently tug on them...take a video of it and post it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts