YFZ Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so to start with I have a vortex ecu and a gt Thunder manual idle air control. This all started long ago and in the beginning the quad would randomly shut off then not restart for a few hours. After I let it sit it would start no problem, then it slowly got harder to cold start, Now the quad will crank over but won’t start. I’ve swapped the vortex and tried a known working one, tried every adjustment possible on the air control nothing helps. The fuel pump is brand new and I’ve confirmed that it primes. The coil and spark plug have been changed and that changed nothing. The valves have been adjusted and as far as I know no voltage issue, tried several battery’s and have checked for power and everywhere seems correct. Tip over sensor is good. I am completely stumped at this point and am hoping someone can point me in a good direction.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
I would start by unplugging every connector you can and then clean and confirm there are no broken wires. Then, if you see nothing there... I would look at your timing marks at the true top dead center....if at TDC the chain marks ar o so slightly below center then you are way out of time due to a stretched chain. I run into this if I run my valves on the tight side at about 150 hours or so. Also, the other possibility is the ECU or map. A new bike can run well on a bad map until it slowly doesn't due to aging slipping specs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts