YFZ Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quad bogs or hesitates when you hit the throttle , i changed the spark plug , clean the carb , drained the gas and put fresh stuff in. After all that it still does it. i brought it to the dealer and they said that i need to do more maintance? i told them what i changed then they said i baby my bike! any help would be much appreciated ! thanx

·
Registered
271 Posts
QUOTE (racerkid @ Feb 18 2009, 02:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=748004
quad bogs or hesitates when you hit the throttle , i changed the spark plug , clean the carb , drained the gas and put fresh stuff in. After all that it still does it. i brought it to the dealer and they said that i need to do more maintance? i told them what i changed then they said i baby my bike! any help would be much appreciated ! thanx[/b]
If your quad is completely stock, the factory setting is usually rich. If you ride in a relatively dry area try taking off the air box lid and see if it helps. Its a good (free) test to see what way you need to go with your jetting. Also, what color was your spark plug when you changed it? Ideally it should be a cocoa brown. (darker=too rich, whitish=too lean)

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
okay, so the accelerator pump spring in the carb does not apply enough pressure and so the quad does not get enough fuel when stabbing the throttle. pretty much ALL YFZs do it as i understand. read this : http://yfz450.theatvchannel.com/invision/i...showtopic=86402 and scroll down to the pics of the blue YFZ. do it. it takes like an hour at most.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts