YFZ Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just got a a stock 07 with ~100 hours on it, ran great but never tuned and had any additional maintenance done. Got it from a friend so have the whole story.

Now it won't start. Had gas sitting in the tank, last run about a month ago.

I have read about cleaning the carb and think that may be the place to start. I have not been able to track down a thread with pics that walks through removing the carb, seen a bunch on cleaning and jetting.

Does anyone have a good link with decent instructions, or should I just pony up the doh for a cyclepedia walkthrough. Appreciate any insight.

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Just be sure to get all of the small O-rings and diaphrams before you tear it apart, so that you won't have to wait around for more additional stuff to complete the job. Most carburetor kits don't come with the diaphrams and all of the O-rings that you should replace while you have it apart. With the age on it and old fuel in it you will more then likely need to replace all of the rubber parts, to make it a good rebuild.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.