YFZ Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone my 07 yfz450 is overheating withing a matter of a few minutes from the time I start it and just let it idle. It will get to the point that it starts boiling and coming out of the tube by the overflow under the seat. If I let it cool down then start to ride it easy it will be fine but once I get on it a little then it starts to overheat again. Any ideas? There is a brand new boysen water pump on it and I just replaced the water pump seals and I am 100 percent sure that everything was installed properly and that the impeller shaft was in good condition and not scored in any way before being re installed. Any feedback would be appreciated guys thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Air in the system? Take the cap to the rad off and squeeze the radiator hoses to get any air purged out! Or your water pump isn't working at all,is there any fluid leaking out of the water pump weep hole?,while running are both rad hoses warm to the touch so you know coolant is circulating?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.